Minister Thanks Cake

Decorating By jordanessentials4u Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm by LauraS

jordanessentials4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jordanessentials4u Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:51am
post #1 of 4

Our minister was in Iraq for 10 months (he's home and safe now)--this Sunday we are having a "thank you" luncheon for the minister who was the 'substitute'. Our church name is Living Waters and most things we do have the water theme. I am not great with fondant--any suggestions or ideas? I really don't want to do flat with a picture that is filled with star tip, etc. I'm leaning towards some type of tiered cake with a waterfall going down it.

Also is there a cake decorating supply store in Tulsa, Oklahoma?

Thanks!
Dana

3 replies
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanessentials4u

Our minister was in Iraq for 10 months (he's home and safe now)--this Sunday we are having a "thank you" luncheon for the minister who was the 'substitute'. Our church name is Living Waters and most things we do have the water theme. I am not great with fondant--any suggestions or ideas? I really don't want to do flat with a picture that is filled with star tip, etc. I'm leaning towards some type of tiered cake with a waterfall going down it.

Also is there a cake decorating supply store in Tulsa, Oklahoma?

Thanks!
Dana

You could do a stacked cake and at the top do a fondant cross with the water fall coming out of the nex tier then at the bottom make a fondant banner and say Thank You or something like that, The cross is easy to do i made one for a cake in April for easter,

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 4

There are quite a few waterfall cakes posted! You could incorporate a design from them, maybe putting a cross at the base of the waterfall, off to the side, like living waters flowing to God.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=waterfall

LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 4

I love that idea. sorry just giving my two cents .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%