Please Help Me Monogram A Cookie Covered In Mmf

Baking By Jules14 Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 10:13pm by crazy4sugar

Jules14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jules14 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a small batch of footprint cookies for a baby shower and I would like to monogram them but I don't know what to use. My understanding is that the crisco in the mmf will break down the RI, is that correct? RI is the only icing I have ever piped with, I don't know much about the other kinds. Any advice wiil be greatly appreciated, thank you.

4 replies
crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 5

I use RI decorations on MMF, fondant, and butter cream all the time without any problems.

After about 2 days the RI decorations will get soft, but then the cake is gone!!

You could also cut out the monogram from a different color MMF and place it on top of your cookies.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 5

Craxy4Sugar, I am doing cookies for a baptism the end of the month. The cookies will be bagged and ready a good 3 days before the event. I too will be using RI on MMF. Think the monogram should hold up good for that many days? I really don't want to use RI on the whole cookie as there are alot of them to be made

deb

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 5

I have a cookie (one of the dracula cookies in my gallery) and it was from last year!!! It's mmf with royal details and I still have one in a bag (as a sample for customers to look at) and the thing is still like the day I made them ...well the day after when the royal was hard lol..it hasn't become soft whatsoever!!!

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 5

Mom, yes the cookies will still be great even after a week. I'd be more concerned if you put RI decorations on a bc cake,, but not so much a worry with the fondant. I use MMF too...I love it.

KH, I have cookies that are 6 months old because I made them for practice and don't have the heart to throw them away. They look as great today as they did when I made them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%