The Change Of Life At 43? Is That What My Prob Is?

Lounge By YouTakeTheCake Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 1:21am by fmcmulle

YouTakeTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YouTakeTheCake Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 6

I am emotional wreck...one day I'm fine.... the next day everything makes me angry.... the next day I can barley hold back the tears! I acctually sat at my desk in my office at work yesterday and started crying because I couldn't find my pen! I feel like I can't do anything right..... everything I touch falls apart I can't remember any of the little things I need to do...or that we need creamer! oh yeah I remembered it at 5:30 in the morning when I went to pour my partner coffee! TOO LATE!!! She asks me whats wrong and all I can say is I DON"T KNOW as the tears run down my face! I look like i'm losing my mind...am I????? It's not even my time of the month or even close........ oh yeah to make matters worse I tried to post this yesterday and the second I hit submit the server went down....and yes I cried.......... is it the change....please help!
Jackie

5 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 6

Probably. But to be sure you should go see your doctor and have a physical. They can do some basic blood work to see where your estrogen levels are. According to my doctor I'm in pre-menopause which can last up to 10 years. Lucky me. But I do get emotional and tempermental.

YouTakeTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YouTakeTheCake Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 6

OMG.....Jo_ann I sure hope I'm not like this for ten years....I will lose my whole family....at least my kids are older and can move out if they want...but my partner...OMG I feel so sorry for her....she had a historectomy so she is 2 years younger than I am and has already been thru her change and done! Now the poor thing has to deal with this....I think I will just go live in a cave till it's over icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif ....I have an appointment next week.....sombody better give me durgs of I'm gonna have a breakdown icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Thank you Jo_ann

cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 6

I can totally relate, and hopefully your doctor will listen. I've been having the irrational mood swings, hot flashes, crazy cycles for about a year now. I'm 40! My regular doctor said ' you're too young" My ob/gyn did do blood work and an ultrasound at least, but nothing was really out of whack. She did tell me pre-menopause can start this early and last that long!

Good luck! You are not alone. PM me if you need a " crazy" friend. icon_wink.gif

PS--i see that you are in AZ--me too!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 12:52am
post #5 of 6

If this is pre-menopause, I gonna hate when actual menopause hits. The claws come out far to often now. LOL

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:21am
post #6 of 6

Hi Jackie,
You are not crazy and you aren't alone. I am 43 and have been going through it now for three years. I had a partial hysterectomy at 40 and just a few months later I was back at the doctor because no one could deal with me. My mom was 38 when she started menopause so I knew it would be early for me also. The doctor put me on medicine but I couldn't take it so I have learned to deal with it. I'm not sure if everyone else has learned yet.LOL.
The best thing to do is get checked out by your doctor. It will get better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%