Cookie Bouquet Help

Baking By mama5kiddos Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 5:27pm by leily

mama5kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama5kiddos Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 6

I received my 2nd cookie order and am truly excited! I havent made a cookie bouquet before, but this order she wants 7 cookies in a bouquet, that are Bratz.
She asked what type of thing the bouquets are put into, and I just told her a terra cotta pot or a coffee mug. Something sturdy and heavy that I can also add rocks into to weigh it down...right? She wanted to know if I could put it inside some "roll purse" that she saw at Party City. I have NO CLUE!

HELP! I want something cute to put them into that is kinda "Bratz" theme. Any ideas?

5 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 6

I'd go to the dollar store and look for something a bit glitzy, a pot or something else that you can use. I never put anything heavy at the bottom of my pots, but I usually use terracotta, which are heavy enough by themselves. You can also jazz up any plain pot or bucket with glittery ribbons in the right colours.
No idea what a roll purse is, but actually, a bouquet inside a purse could be really cute. You could put a pot inside to keep it heavy and steady, but disguise it with tissue. (my brain is ticking now... thanks!!)

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:23am
post #3 of 6

I have put one in a purse. I put pinto beans in the bottom to steady it. Use sticker paper and print what you need off the computer to decorate the pot. (if you don't use the purse).

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:26pm
post #4 of 6

I wonder if you could stick a terra cotta pot inside the purse and stick something around it like tissue paper or something to hide it???

mama5kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama5kiddos Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 6

She gave me a link to the "roll purse" she is talking about, and it might actually work (this one is high school musical, but there is a bratz one too I guess) since it looks like metal.

What do you all think? Since I am just beginning, I am selling my cookies right now for 1/2 off, $2 each cookie...plus an additional $6 for any cookie bouquets. So this is going to cost her $20 for a 7-cookie bouquet. Do you think with her request on this $7 purse that I should either tack on MORE to the price (or let her buy it)...since I was just planning on a cheap decorated terra cotta pot?

I think I am already giving her a deal, since she wants 2 of the cookies to be Bratz faces (detail work), then a number 7, and 2 lips then 2 shoes or purses. (alot of different cookies, which I have to make each cutter)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!
LL

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 6

If you have to shop for it, you charge her for it. If she brings it to you then just charge your regular $6.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%