Help! I Need Ideas, And Am Totally Stuck...

Baking By grumpyx07 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 11:58am by GeminiRJ

grumpyx07 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 8

I got a request to make cookies for a christening that is next weekend.

What cookies would you make, except for a cross. They don't want that. Also, it's not a baby christening.

Thank you in advance! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
-Tubbs Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 8

What about a simple monogram of the initial of the person being christened? Maybe include the date?

jibbies Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 8

I'm curious, what kind of christening is it?

judylynnturner Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 8

you could make a chalice or a candle cookies. you could make a circle or square cookie and frost in white icing and add white flowers.

ChristaPaloma Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 8

How about the descending Dove with the sun rays behind it.
Also could do some chalice ones.... hhhmmm .... and maybe some cookies?

Peeverly Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 8

I got the same request! No cross!!! However, it is a baby's christening I have some options that you don't. Since I have been thinking and thinking about this what about: a church, a stained glass window with the sun's rays streaking through. Did you google christening? Check out the images. Also try clipart. Hope this helps.

BTW, I think I am going to end up with an angel or a christening suit. Any other ideas for me? (not trying to hijack your post!).

Good luck.

aztomcat Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:33pm
post #7 of 8

For the older christening, you could do praying hands or a dove.

For the infant christening, I think any baby item could also work. ie. teddy bears, baby colored flowers, baby bottles, pacifiers.

GeminiRJ Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:58am
post #8 of 8

I like the monogram idea. Not only would it be simple, but it would be elegant and personal. For more of a challenge, you could do a round cookie decorated to look like stained glass. Once dry, pipe on a white dove or praying hands. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%