Baby Shower For Boy And Girl

Decorating By tmt Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 1:12am by tmt

tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 7

Hi CC, I have a request for a baby shower cake for 2 cousins, one is having a boy, one is having a girl. They don't want something gender neutral but rather pinks and blues on one cake.

Please send me links to any CC photos that might help give inspiration! Thanks so much

6 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 7

Is this one cake for both cousins? Or two separate cakes?

tmt Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 7

one cake for two babies

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 7

I would love to see pics too as I'm doing a cake for a friend of mine who is having twins. One boy and one girl.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 7

Well, recently I made a baby shower cake for a boy using two different tones of blue in basketweave then placed a pair of darker blue booties made from gumpaste on top, gumpaste stars with lettering placed on the stars. You can see it in my photos for reference. Anyway, I think the cake would be very pretty done in pink and blue basketweave then you could put one pair of pink booties and one pair of blue booties on top of the cake. The lettering could easily be done in pink and blue as well. You could also make two gumpaste baby blankets, one of each color, if you wanted to put little babies on top.
icon_smile.gif

rnoullet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rnoullet Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 7

Can you do two cakes instead of one? Last weekend my friend and her sister both baptised thier babies. One boy and one girl. Originally she asked for one cake for both, but I thought it would be better to do one for each baby. I did one with yellows and pinks with daisies and one with circles that were blue.

tmt Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:12am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoullet

Can you do two cakes instead of one? Last weekend my friend and her sister both baptised thier babies. One boy and one girl. Originally she asked for one cake for both, but I thought it would be better to do one for each baby. I did one with yellows and pinks with daisies and one with circles that were blue.

I found this one by MommaLlama: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=655363

Anyone else have ideas??? PLEASE!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%