Cream Bouquet Flavor Emulsion

Baking By mari0504 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 1:34pm by mari0504

mari0504 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 8

RECIPE??

I couldn't find this topic in the forums, pls forgive me If im repeating this topic.
Im in the New York area and I've been searching for either a recipe or someone that makes a homemade Cream bouquet...
this flavoring sounds sooooo good & interesting, I would like to try...

Thks ! :wave:

7 replies
goof9j Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 8

forgive my stupidity but what is emulsion? icon_eek.gif

jibbies Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 8

This is to give you a bump and also let you know how I use mine. I buy mine from the cake supply store here it is CK brand. and I use 1&1/2 teaspoons per box mix.
It has lemony/citrus undertones so I don't use it in chocolate, red velvet, carrot, spice, strawberry or anything along those lines. for those I use butavan a butter/vanilla mix.
Hope this helps!

Jibbies

jennifer7777 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 8

I get mine from my local cake supply store, so check around. Online, I think CKProducts makes some. Here's a link for Kitchen Krafts...
http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=FL0936

You can google "creme or cream bouquet" for more options.
Good luck!

Jennifer

mari0504 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 8

goof9j - emulsion basically means (a mix)

jibbies - Thank you so much for that information I didn't know that, Im just learning about this mix now. Im aware it's a flavor booster so that leads me to buy both mixes now lol...
I always try to use the best or natural flavorings...it really makes a bug difference

jibbies Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by goof9j

forgive my stupidity but what is emulsion? icon_eek.gif

Don't call yourself stupid icon_wink.gif
an emulsion is a suspension of one liquid in another, in this case its two liquids when added to food enhance the flavor.

Jibbies

JanH Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 8

Baking emulsions are supposed to be formulated to withstand the heat of baking better than other flavoring products. icon_smile.gif

It's possible to buy a qt. of creme bouquet from www.nationalflavors.com for less/same price as a pint of a similar product from the cake supply stores.

Creme Bouquet and National Flavors threads:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-526303-.html

HTH

mari0504 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:34pm
post #8 of 8

guys thanks for the info, im definately purchasing from Nationl Flavors icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%