Need Idea For A Coworker On Disability

Decorating By GenGen Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 1:12am by GenGen

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 3

a coworker of hubby's is having to take leave for disability from a work injury he's been battling with for years (etc etc) to make a long story short i dont know how long he'll be gone or if its permanent- I was asked to make a cake for his leave and i wanted to pick your great minds icon_smile.gif

unknown at this time till i get another email lol but i'm going to guess from past occassions at this place that it will be for approx 50 people possibly more possibly less - i'll edit as soon as possible when i know and specify the count#. the place of business is a dam- yup i said it- a dam lol. hubby works for the army corp of engineers and i've done cakes for this place dozens of times over the years - most being bdays to farewell and retirements.

pictures drawings sketches etc are most welcomed for ideas! thanks!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 3

I think I"d go w/a 'good wishes' theme.
OR do you know what his interests are? Something along the lines of a sports theme w/a message of best wishes. HTH

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:12am
post #3 of 3

I used to know some of his hobbies but haven't had much contact with him for a while. i'm waiting for a "person in charge of the occassion" to contact me to give me more info such as what i stated above lol.

a coworker of hubby's approached him knowing i do cakes for them alot over the years- and he left a msg with her to call me. ... its not vital time yet but i will be calling her this weekend to get information needed as the cake is due on one of the days i go to work.

thanks for the reply!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%