Mass Production Of Cookies.....

Baking By 2kiddos Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 3:18pm by JenWith

2kiddos Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 4

I have an event coming up that has a request of 650 cookies! They will not be individally wrapped, but they will be individually iced with logos. How soon should I start doing these, and freezing them. I havent done that many before and I was just trying to figure out how long they may take....? Are they okay to freeze with icing on them?
I may be in over my head... but I do like a challenge!
Any advice from all of you Cookie Experts would be appreciated!

3 replies
sgirvan Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 4

W icon_eek.gif W that is a whole lota cookies to do. I would make my cookie dough in one day, roll out and bake another day package and freeze then depending on how you are doing them I would ice one day let them dry then do the logos the next day then let them dry and package the next day. Total would probably be 5 days, hope you are getting paid accordingly icon_biggrin.gif I have heard that you can ice with royal and freeze them and they turn out fine, I haven't done it myself but others have on this board. Good luck thumbs_up.gif

-Tubbs Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 4

Wow, great opportunity. I also hope you're charging enough!
You can freeze decorated cookies, but it adds another step to the process that you can probably do without. As long as they are dry before you pack them, they'll be fine for at least a few days before serving. Just keep them in an airtight box, or even large ziplock bags.
The biggest challenge will be drying all those cookies. Do you have one of those rolling baking sheet carts? Otherwise every surface of your home will be covered in drying cookies!!
Good luck, let us know how it goes.

JenWith Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 4

I have frozen iced (RI) cookies with no issues. That's a whole lotta cookies! You sound very calm! I would be hyperventilating! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif

Good luck and please post pictures when you're done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%