I Would Love Some Input On My Holyday Flyer Pricing

Business By lacie Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 6:59pm by indydebi

lacie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacie Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 7

I've been working on my holiday flayer for a few days now and would like to know if im spot on for pricing or way off. Feed back is greatly appreciated

Pretzel Rods: dips $.90 dips deluxe $1 gourmet 1.25 gourmet deluxe $1.35 Chocolate adornment $1

Marshmallows singles: dips .75 dips deluxe .85 gourmet $1 gourmet deluxe $1.10

Marshmallow Pops, 3 on a stick: Dips $1 dips deluxe $1.10 gourmet$1.25 Gourmet deluxe $1.35

Rice crispy treats (can be cut into holiday shapes): Dips $1 dips deluxe $1.10 Gourmet $1.25 Gourmet Deluxe $1.35

Oreos or Nutter Butters: Dips .90 Dips Deluxe $1 Gourmet $1.25 Gourmet Deluxe $1.35 Chocolate adornment $1

Cake Truffles: Dips .9o Dips Deluxe $1 Gourmet $1.25 Gourmet Deluxe $1.35

Marshmallow Snowmen: $1.00
3 marshmallows on a stick dipped in candy coat and decorated to look like a snowman

Holiday Chocolate pops: $1.00 for solid color and $1.25 for hand decorated color

Chocolate Covered Cherry Mice: $.50
These cute little mice are made up of a chocolate covered cherry body, a heresy kiss face and 2 slivered almonds for their little ears.

All can be placed on sticks and individually bagged for $.10 addition for each

Descriptions:
Dips: Chocolate dipped decorated with drizzle or sprinkles
Dips Deluxe: Chocolate dipped topped with your choice of
M&mâs, peanuts, heath chunks, gram cracker crust, Oreo, toasted coconut, mimic h chips
Gourmet: Caramel or Peanut Butter dipped in chocolate, decorated with drizzle or sprinkles
Gourmet Deluxe: Caramel or Peanut Butter dipped in chocolate, topped with your choice of
M&mâs, peanuts, heath chunks, gram cracker crust, Oreo, toasted coconut, mini chocolate chips
Solid chocolate adornment: a solid molded chocolate candy, in various holiday shapes. Can only be used on Dips and only placed on certain products.

6 replies
elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 7

the mice look a little underpriced. i would charge at least .75. they look like they would be more labor intensive!

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:51am
post #3 of 7

I'm going to respond as a psychologist (my day job). I think you have too many options. Research shows that people feel better when they have SOME options. But when they have A LOT of options, they tend to get stressed and overwhelmed. Do you really need four price levels for each item? I would also consider moving the description to the top, especially if you're going to leave all of the varieties there. That way the reader knows what all those different things mean. Hope you won't take this negative. I think you have some pretty cool products. Nice gift items.

punkin712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkin712 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 7

I'm responding from a customer's perspective and have to agree with vickster. The first thing I thought of was "what's the difference between dips and dips deluxe?" And then I saw "gourmet and gourmet deluxe" and got really confused. Nobody will think it's strange if you only offer 2 levels of embellishment - for example combine dips and dips deluxe into one category and combine gourmet and gourmet deluxe into another category - and just charge the higher of the two prices.

I also think you could charge more for the mice and the stick/bag packaging option.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 7

My only question is what is the minimum order, b/c I could see someone coming and wanting 2 or 3 of each of what you offer, and I know if I was the one doing it there would be no way! There should really be a minimum order to make sure you are making money on what you are making.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:01pm
post #6 of 7

At first I was thinking that there were too many options, but there are only nine of them, so I think you are okay, but don't go over 10. Also, definitely add a minimum or say that they are sold by the dozen, etc. Maybe do a few mixed gift baskets for already made gifts. I can't really comment on prices. I think that's a personal and location thing.

Are you sending this as an email to your customers, snail mailing, etc.?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 7

I agree that the descriptions should be at the top.

If you have a number of choices (and the above post is right ... too many choices can be confusing), you can make them look simpler by putting them in chart form, rather than in text or narrative form.

I made a 2-line example, attached. With the descriptions at the top, they can choose which style they like, then just scroll down the columns for easy reference to item and price.

I would also set a minimum order. I wouldn't think you'd want to get an order for one pretzel rod unless you are a candy store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%