Gates & Trees

Decorating By jenlg Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 6:48pm by jenlg

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, glad CC was here when I logged in today! I need some advice and hope someone out there can help me. I have a Halloween cake to do and was wondering what the best thing is to make a fence out of. I want to make a rickety (rought iron looking) one that's kinda falling apart. I never was good at color flow. Any ideas on what to use? Anyone have a template maybe? Also, I am having trouble on what to use as a basis for a tree. Is wire a good idea then covered with fondant? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

3 replies
Daisy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisy1 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure about the gate but I can tell you how to make the tree like the one on my pumpkin cake. If you look down in the comments, I posted instructions for someone else.

Good Luck!

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:44am
post #3 of 4

I've made fences and gates from thin strips of gumpaste, attached together. You can place the vertical pieces at slight angles to look like it is falling apart. I used gum glue, you can also use royal to glue them together.
I can't find the pic of the haunted house one that I made so I hope you can get the idea from this.

http://www.unforgettableweddingcakes.com/more%20ideas/speacal%20cakes/page%201/html/funny%20farm.htm

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both for your help!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%