Coloring Sam's Icing

Decorating By heather1 Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 6:51pm by roxxxy_luvs_duff

heather1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather1 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 5

I've read many post on here about how to get black icing and not gray or charcoal. And no matter how much black I use in my homemade bc it still looks ashy. Last night I used Sams icing for the first time and mixed a little bit of americolor black in it,and let it set for about 45 minutes. When I was mixing it I thought it was going to be the same as my icing, but after letting it set for a few minutes it got jet black. I couldn't believe it, I finally found something that taste and looks decent. Hope this helps someone.

4 replies
DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 5

Thank you for sharing, I have Sam's icing I will do my black with it when needed. I also have TROUBLE getting a true black. Thanks again.

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 5

Me too. thank you for sharing

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 5

I just purchased my very first 28 pounds of Sams Club BC to use on this cake... It is fabulous... if is a HUGE time saver.. Texture and consistency is perfect.. I added some Almond extract to cover up the commercial taste then whipped it. But other than that, everyone loved it and it just made me and the bride so happy.
LL

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 5

i use sams icing. i just bought smaller bucket of black, red, and blue from them yesterday. i add vanilla to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%