Rolled Buttercream

Baking By CookieChef Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 10:25pm by crazy4sugar

CookieChef Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 5

What recipe do you use for your rolled buttercream? I normally use RI but am interested in getting a variegated/slightly marbled effect for Fall leaf cookies. Also, when applying rolled buttercream on a cookie, is there any special technique? Do I cut it to size or just use a slightly smaller cutter/template than the actual cookie?

4 replies
JanH Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 5

Everything you ever wanted to know about RBC:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-221681-.html

Has recipes, how to use for cookies, cakes, edible images and so much more. icon_smile.gif

HTH

crazy4sugar Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 5

My God, Jan!

I work for LexisNexis, a global research company, and train people for research; HOWEVER, I've never seen such effective, quick, on point reseach in my life! icon_eek.gif

Maybe you should apply for a job? LOL

JanH Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:57am
post #4 of 5

crazy4sugar, you are too kind. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm retired (from hospital security) and CC is one of my favorite hobbies. icon_lol.gif

And I spend way too much time on the computer. tapedshut.gif

crazy4sugar Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 10:25pm
post #5 of 5

I practically live on the computer. First, six hours a day in my home office and then 2 hours a day researching trivial stuff (where do the butterflies migrate to; what is the murder capital of the world, what was charlie brown's teacher's name; the lyrics for Layla; etc.) and then roaming around here on CC.

I do almost all my shopping online. Now that AC Moore is online I thought that would be great, but you can't use the 40% coupon and they don't have enough cake/cookie stuff. Michael's is better.

It's a wonder I ever leave the house!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%