Lactose Free Chocolate Leaves....

Decorating By Koriginals Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 3:09pm by Koriginals

Koriginals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Koriginals Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 3

I need to decorate a cake using chocolate in an autumn theme. The person is lactose intolerant. It is impossible to find white chocolate or coloured chocolate that is lactose free. So I thought I would melt the dark unsweetened chocolate and try to colour it - or I could make chocolate from cocoa and try to colour it. Does anyone have a recipe for this or any tips. Can dark chocolate take on colour (chocolate is Bakers unsweetened squares - only kind without milk). Help Please!!

2 replies
kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 3

Koriginals,

I don't know how well this will take color, or how good it will taste (no sugar), but I have another suggestion for you. I don't know where Thunder Bay is, but I do know that Ontario is supposed to have a large Jewish population. Look in your phone book/internet for a Kosher store. If you can find one you should be able to purchase Lieber's parve (dairy free) chocolate and confectionary coatings. They have a green, although it is quite bright, but they also have a "white", slightly off-white actually, and it takes color really well. Ask for "Lieber's Colored Decorating Bars". If you want to see how it takes color you can look at my photos at the "Symbols of Sukkot" cake. I tinted the white bars various shades of green and hand made each leaf using this product.

Good luck,
Kathi

Koriginals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Koriginals Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 3

Hi Kathi:

thank you for the tips. Your photos are awesome - I loved the leaves. thank you again.

Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%