What's The Best Way To Pipe Swags Out Of Buttercream?

Decorating By Melan Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 12:54am by madgeowens

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:29pm
post #31 of 42

Oh hun, I have to do the same as you...lay the piping bag down, walk and wait a while before I can get it done. I don't know which is worst, the hand shaking or eye sight. Thank You, and sorry you have it also.

Oh my goodness Teekakes you would love her dvd, she shows how to prevent blow out & bulges, how to get those sharp corners on square cakes and so much more....but the best is, she does it step by step...you could do a cake at the same time she is icon_biggrin.gif I highly recommended it to anyone who does bc.

Those cutters are beautiful, but I will have to wait on those, maybe I could get them as a Christmas gift icon_biggrin.gif so I will just have to wait on those beautiful cutters. If you get them, please let me know how you like them.

God Bless,
Sharon

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:57pm
post #32 of 42

Well, Sharon, sounds like we are both in the same darn getting older boat! icon_lol.gif I fix my "i can't see to pipe it" problem by putting on a pair of strong readers over my contacts just so I can see up close! But now the shaking, well, that is a different problem I haven't figured out how to fix yet. If you figure it out please let me know! icon_smile.gif

Will let you know when I get the dvd and cutters. Can't wait hardly!

grannys3angels Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:35pm
post #33 of 42

Teekakes, glad to hear you the dvd and I am green with envy that you got the cutters, but still happy for ya that you got them icon_biggrin.gif

LOL, that darn getting older boat, well I am young at heart and want to jump ship....it this aging body that can't even lift my leg up to jump, keeping me in the boat icon_lol.gif

Let me know how you like the dvd and cutters, when you get them.

God Bless,
Sharon

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:20pm
post #34 of 42

Oh I haven't ordered them yet but will take the time to do so one day this week when I have time to actually sit down and think about everything I need to get ordered for the holiday season. I *think* I have most everything already but still need to check it all out before ordering. Today I am baking 5 cakes so running back and forth to the oven..........distractions.............make fondant later this afternoon then loads of frosting tomorrow.
I'll let you know once I get them ordered and on their way. icon_smile.gif

grannys3angels Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:08pm
post #35 of 42

WOW Teekakes, 5 cakes you are going to be one busy bee icon_smile.gif

Oh yes, please do let me know about the cutters and how you like them. The dvd I know you will be very happy with, it is awesome.

O.K. back to your cakes and happy baking!
God Bless,
Sharon

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm
post #36 of 42

Oh I just wanna hug both of you Sharon and Lea you are both SOOO sweet and nice all of the time

God Bless both of you!!!

Christi

grannys3angels Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 11:20pm
post #37 of 42

Thank You Christi, your sweet and very kind yourself lady. Big bluegrass hug back at ya thumbs_up.gif

God Bless You & Your,
Sharon

Teekakes Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:09am
post #38 of 42

Yes! A busy busy day of baking and fondant making but got it all done plus an extra 2 layer 9" round Halloween cake that is mostly finished. I'll finish it in the morning then start on making lots of bc and coloring fondant. No complaints here though because I love it with a passion! icon_biggrin.gif

Christi, you are a doll and I get the biggest kick out of your posts! Thanks for the compliment and I wish I had someone like you to decorate cakes with on a daily basis! I would adopt you as my own daughter! icon_lol.gif

grannys3angels Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:32am
post #39 of 42

Lea, it is a great thing that you love doing want you, and do it passion.
I love decorating also, but I only do for friends & family so I don't get to do many cakes icon_cry.gif .

Also I ask Sugarshack about those beautiful cutters in a post, this is what she said (quote) "Sharon, the cutters are not my original design, but they are no longer available anywhere esle!" (unquote). WOW, if they sell fast I may have to take off my Christmas Wish List icon_sad.gif

Happy Decorating Ladies! icon_smile.gif
God Bless,
Sharon

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:06am
post #40 of 42

WHo or what is this sugar shack? More info please...

grannys3angels Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:42am
post #41 of 42

Sugarshack (Sharon Zamito) is one of many wonderful cake artist here on CC. She has just put out a awesome bc dvd name "Perfecting the Art of Buttercream. She also has a very very good bc icing recipe on here. I will list some links to threads, about her dvd and the thread about her bc icing & tips.
Here is the link about her dvd: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-561142.html

Her bc tips & icing link, this thread is very long but is while worth the read:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-19948.html

God Bless,
Sharon

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:54am
post #42 of 42

My grandkids only like the buttercream they hate fondant...so I know what I will ask for Christmas hahah thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%