Overdraft Fee Avoided.

Decorating By Barbend Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 10:27pm by adknight

Barbend Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 10

I was wondering if everyone thought it would be appropriat to take a cake to my bank. Here is the story. I had surgery a couple weeks ago and had to pay $1500.00 out of pocket. This pretty well drained our checking. My husband gets paid once a month and his payday is tomorrow. Well, with everything going on I forgot that we have a $400.00 car payment automatically debitted from our account today. I only have enough to cover about half of that in my account. I called the bank (we do not have ovedraft protection) They stated that since we have never had an overdraft and that since we have been loyal customers for years they would pay the payment with no fees. So would it be ok to bring them a little thank you cake?

9 replies
crazy4sugar Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 10

Absolutely! Nothing says "thank you" better than a cake.

Also, you could be feeding potential customers icon_wink.gif What a great turn of events if you get business from such an unfortunate situation.

Good luck!

indydebi Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 10

Hubby was in banking for 25 years and believe me, they appreciate the customers who appreciate the special concessions the bank does for them. (As opposed to those who just EXPECT that it's SUPPOSE to be done JUST BECAUSE!)

go for it.

MichelleM77 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 10

I avoided 3 ODF after losing my job. The woman on the phone was soooo nice. I immediately sent a thank you card to management to let them know how nice it was being able to talk to someone who is not only in the same country I am in, but in the same state! I'm tired of calling overseas for help. I'm sure they will love your cake!

abslu Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 10

I work at a bank, and let me tell you, after being yelled at all day for things that we didn't do . . . . tapedshut.gif it's nice to know that we are appreciated! I totally think it would be appropriate! Could you maybe do something with their logo on it? It could be great advertising for you!! icon_lol.gif

Teekakes Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 10

What a neat story to share! I think you making a cake personalized to the bank would be totally appropriate, and, terrific advertising for you. There is always a silver lining in every dark cloud and I think you have certainly found yours!

Barbend Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks for the comments. I just wasn't sure if this was appropriate. I didn't want it to be seen a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours sort of thing. I am just so thankful they could help.

jibbies Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:11pm
post #8 of 10

What a nice gesture. I hope you get lots of customers from this. thumbs_up.gif

Jibbies

elizw Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 8:11pm
post #9 of 10

i think it is a great idea since it such a personal thank you!!

adknight Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:27pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbend

Thanks for the comments. I just wasn't sure if this was appropriate. I didn't want it to be seen a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours sort of thing. I am just so thankful they could help.

As a banker, I can say nothing means more to hear that we have helped someone and that they sincerely appreciate it, but cake is great too!icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%