Yay! I Get A Piece Of The..... Cake?

Decorating By mommabuda Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 1:08pm by TheCakerator

mommabuda Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 2

My boss that I just started working for at a grocery store said I could make wedding cakes there but I wanted it to be worth my while (money wise) SO I made a proposal and he accepted! I'll be getting paid my hourly rate ($11 which is pretty darn good around here) AND I'm going to get the delivery fee (because I'll be delivering... I'm charging $20 for the first 30 miles then $1 a mile afterwards AND I get 25% of the entire cake cost because I'll be using my own equipment (plates, pillars, fountain, etc.) We're charging $2 a serving which is more than any grocery store around here but .25 less than the bakeries & $3 a serving for fondant. So I figure a cake for 100 people should take me maybe 5-6 hours and I would get paid around 100 for doing it which isn't as much as I would if I were doing it from home BUT I also get a legal kitchen to work out of, no one to bother me while doing the cakes (ex. my son, husband, dogs...) and I can make the cake for ANYWHERE... not just places that allow non-licensed bakers... WDYT? Good or bad?

1 reply
TheCakerator Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 2

wow thats great, I say take it even just for the use of a legal kitchen!

Quote by @%username% on %date%