? About Fondant Flowers??

Decorating By Peeg Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 6:10pm by Peeg

Peeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeg Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:07am
post #1 of 5

I'm in the process of doing my first fondant cake, The flowers look really good. When I decide what kind of cake to use, it will be presented to my family. The flowers were done on tooth picks, can I remove the flower before cutting the cake and save them for another cake? icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Or if my family chooses, can they eat them? I don't think they will be eaten!!!! What a waste if you can't eat the whole cake icon_rolleyes.gif Do you throw your fondant flower away???? icon_redface.gif After they have been used on a cake that is....I really need your honest info, fello CC'ers. Thanks

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 5

As usual, it depends. Fondant flowers can be edible. With toothpicks, there is a possible safety issue, so you need them to be careful.

Yes, they can be used over, provided they are still in good condition.

You can save them in a covered box-NOT air tight. They will continue to dry, but you have to protect them from dust and light. Fondant can fade.

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 5

I'd hope that no one ate them (because I hate making them icon_redface.gif ) and totally use them again. icon_biggrin.gif

Like Joannb said, store them in a box, out of light.

Good Luck!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 5

The problem with using them again, and again is the time w/come when you make a cake for someone slse outside family and forget to make new ones.
*IF* you are positive they will not be given to anyone outside family yes, by all means you can use them many times. They will keep up to 6 months if not exposed to heat or moisture.

Peeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeg Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 5

icon_surprised.gif Boy, am I glad you all gave me the scoop on the flowers! It takes awhile to make the fondant flower and to pretty to toss. I will make sure everyone knows about the tooth pick.I'm not too sure about fondant ($$$), I really love the taste of buttercream..Thanks again, Peggy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%