How Do I Make Purdue Gold?

Decorating By lara3teach Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:00pm by DianeLM

lara3teach Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:35am
post #1 of 6

I have a couple of Purdue cakes coming up...does anyone know how to best achieve the gold color? It's not really metallic, but not really yellow-gold either. I appreciate the help. thumbs_up.gif

Here's the logo for reference:

5 replies
lara3teach Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:44am
post #2 of 6

oops...the logo didn't attach...let me try this again...
LL

lara3teach Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 6

Please, please, please??? Where are the color-mixing experts??
I'd really love some help before I try to make this color! icon_surprised.gif

Thanks in advance!

yummy Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:19am
post #4 of 6

It looks beige to me. If that is acurate, I would use the fleshtone color or maybe adding brown to your bc til you get the color close. If it has a gold tone to it, try adding a little gold.

woodyfam Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:32pm
post #5 of 6

OK that is funny. I read your post last night and was looking for the answer this morning. I only saw the first post and thought you were talking about Purdue chickens. No wonder I couldn't figure out what Purdue gold is! icon_smile.gif

DianeLM Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:00pm
post #6 of 6

It looks like dark ivory to me. Maybe a mixture of ivory and a little brown. One thing I've learned while trying to match collegiate colors is that even the spiritwear makers don't always match the colors exactly. If you do a Google Image Search of Purdue logo stuff, I'll bet a whole rainbow of Purdue gold will come up. In other words, don't worry too much if it's not EXACTLY what you're aiming for.

Also remember to let your experimental batches sit for a few hours to allow the colors to deepen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%