Please Help Me!!!

Decorating By summerolivia Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 11:00am by marcimang

summerolivia Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:34am
post #1 of 5

I have a cake order for Saturday, and I don't know what to do. It is a yellow cake with cream cheese filling and frosting. I am going to cover it with fondant and paint the Coach "C" logo all over it. Here's my dilema - since it is cream cheese frosting, I assume it should stay refrigerated, right? But I am afraid that the paint on the fondant will run when the cake is taken out of the fridge just before the party. Am I right? Does it really need to stay refrigerated if it is covered in fondant? Also, it is a purse cake, so when should I add the handles and other fondant embellishments? What kind of timeline would you make this cake in? I have the cake made, filled, and crumb coated all ready. It is being picked up on Saturday at noon, and served Saturday evening. Any help that anyone could give would be VERY MUCH appreciated! icon_smile.gif Thanks!

4 replies
ChristaPaloma Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:58am
post #2 of 5

I think you would be fine to do it Friday and Saturday morning. I don't work with fondant, but I understand you don't refrigerate it. The cream cheese frosting & filling should be fine for that long not refrigerated if it is a buttercream type of f&f.

ChristaPaloma Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:04am
post #3 of 5

Woops..posted too fast.... you could do everything but the fondant and refrigerate it...then on Friday evening or Saturday morning do the fondant part and just leave it out for pick up.

summerolivia Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:30am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for your help!

marcimang Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:00am
post #5 of 5

I would be careful to do everything and refridgerate it before adding the fondant- when you take it from the fridge be sure to let it come to room temp before you ocver it. otherwise it will sweat and that wont be good. I have always heard that by adding some lemon juice to your cream cheese icing stabalizes it. We never put our cream cheese in the fridge at the bakery I worked at. This is just my opinion so you'll have to decide for yourself. Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%