Basketweave On A Cookie.... Toba's Glace?

Baking By Jopalis Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 3:16pm by Jopalis

Jopalis Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to do some basketweaving on a cookie. I don't want to use merengue powder royal icing. Want something that will dry though. Would Toba's Glace work? Recommendations?

5 replies
JoAnnB Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:14am
post #2 of 6

The glaze is probably too thin to hold up to basketweave. but give it a try on a work surface to see for yourself. who knows?

-Tubbs Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:23am
post #3 of 6

I agree, it would want to run together and spoil the effect you're after. Look on Karen's Cookies website (karenscookies.net) for her meringue buttercream, which she says crusts really firm. I bet that would work well for basket weave.

Jopalis Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:37am
post #4 of 6

tubbs....is it like IMBC or SMBC? They don't crust though.... Person I am making it for doesn't like the taste of merengue powder in icing.... I'll check it out though.. thanks.

GeminiRJ Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:42am
post #5 of 6

I would think a candy clay or fondant would be your best bet for doing basketweave. You could cut strips, then weave them together, making the pattern bigger than what you need. Use your cookie cutter to cut out the shape you need, then apply it to the warm cookie. Or do the basketweave right on the cookie and trim the excess.

Jopalis Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 6

I hadn't thought of candy clay... another idea... Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%