Recommended Web Site Hosting Companies

Business By vdrsolo Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 12:27pm by Erdica

vdrsolo Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 8

I want to build my own website and have my own .com listing. Does anyone use & recommend a certain web hosting company.

I'm willing to pay $5-$10/month, I don't want ads blogging it down, but I want to have capability of posting lots of pictures.

I would like to get it setup fairly quickly, so if it has a good tool/wizard to build my pages, that would be great.

Thanks!

7 replies
ibteana Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 8

GODADDY.COM

onceuponacake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 8

i use surpasshosting.com i paid $61.00 for the year

Steady2Hands Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 8

Freewebs.com has one. Their free address has adds and uses their address freewebs.com/(your name). You can also purchase a site from them and have your own .com site. Best I remember the price wasn't bad at all.

springlakecake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:32pm
post #5 of 8

I also have a freewebs site. right now i just have a free one, but the ads really arent bad. Usually it is just at the top of the screen. I have been really satisfied with it (since it is free)! EAsy to use.

MichelleM77 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:31pm
post #6 of 8

I used Homestead.com and pay $4.99 per month for 5 pages (I believe you can upgrade to $9.99 per month for 10 pages). You can download an additional program for free that will help design. I've never done it before and it was easy for me. I had my website up and running before my business because I was just so excited!

KoryAK Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:05am
post #7 of 8

I have used webhostingbuzz.com for years and I love them. Like $5 a month and the way I have my site set up its hundreds of individual pages... so I know theres no limit there! I'm sure there is some sort of limit on bandwidth but with hundreds of photos online I have never reached it.

Erdica Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:27pm
post #8 of 8

I second godaddy. They are great and really helpful. It is $10/month. But they have some kind of deal where if you pay for the year, it's less then $10/month. I think you just have to call and ask. They have a good search for .com's so you know what names are taken already.

GL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%