Dh's Office To Get A "failure" Cake

Decorating By Brandonsmommy Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 10:13pm by cinderspritzer

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 4

Well, I made that bone cake and it SUCKED.
icon_cry.gif
I am not happy w/ the results of it. My icing wont smooth out so I am giving up. It takes GREAT but looks like the Cingular guy on a diet..........too stretched out. I am not going to make a new one, I am going to bring them the cuppers I also made instead.

3 replies
mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:37am
post #2 of 4

I'm sure it wasn't nearly as bad as you think. Your description cracked me up, I must say. Your hubby's office will LOVE it anyway, so any cake is a job well done!! I see it hasn't been posted, I was really anxious to see it.

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 4

I didn't get a picture of it. It was such a hard cake to make (emotionally) that I just didn't like it enough to get pictures. Sorry!

Tasted great though!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 4

well, when i met duff goldman, he game me some sound advice that i'll never forget.

you are always the boss of the cake. when it gets to be too much, walk away for a while. you'll have a whole new perspective when you come back, and if you still can't do it, ask for help. if help doesn't work, eat the evidence and try again.

ever since he said that to me, i've been much more patient and forgiving of myself when i'm working with cake.

nothing is as bad as you think it is.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%