What Does Wilton Now Recommend For Using Boxed Cake Mixes?

Baking By sunnycake Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 6:16pm by CristinaB

sunnycake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 6

I took the Wilton class YEARS ago, & they recommended DH (Dunc.n Hin.s) Classic White box cake mix for wedding cakes. Months ago on CakeCentral, I found a forum about the new Wilton recommendation of using the DH white with (I believe) a Bet.ty Crock.r pound cake. Didn't write it down, & now that I need it, I can't find it on this site. Anybody out there that remembers/uses the combination?? Thanks in advance!

5 replies
JanH Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 6

Tried the cake mix and pound cake combo (last year) and found that I preferred the WASC cake recipe.

(Don't recall that this was touted as a recommended Wilton wedding cake recipe.) The ratio was one box of pound cake mix to one cake mix combined (made according to package directions on each box).

WASC cake recipe:

dwbeall Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 12:59am
post #3 of 6

I just made some Betty Crocker cakes (different flavors) and noticed the Wilton logo on the top of the box, if that helps.

CristinaB Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:15am
post #4 of 6

JanH, Just wondered if you could substitute more vanilla (or another extract flavor) for the almond extract. I really don't like the flavor of almond. This recipe looks really yummy if I could just ditch the almond without ruining the whole thing! Thanks!

JanH Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:06am
post #5 of 6

CristinaB, the WASC cake can be made in any flavor cake mix, using any extract....

Here's the expanded flavors version:

In addition to the above, you can use yogurt, jello, add berry or lemon juice, white chocolate, raspberries or strawberries, liquor or liqueur and more.

CristinaB Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it!!t!

Quote by @%username% on %date%