Anyone Selling Cookie Gift Baskets This Year?

Business By littlecake Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 1:20am by maggie_14

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 6:52am
post #1 of 12

i think i might give em a whirl....i was thinking of getting some terra cotta pots, painting a lil christmas scene...snowman or something cute on the side....getting some cool cellophane from nashville wraps....put a couple dozen cookies in there with a pretty bow...voila!

anyone got any cute ideas to share?

i sure would like to hit on something hot this year!

plus valentines day is right around the corner icon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 10:32am
post #2 of 12

I'm not ready to start up the cookie baskets after taking a year off. But it is something I am considering for next year.

I think your idea sounds great. I know at Target at the $1 spot sometimes they have little pails that are already decorated for each Holiday. They have some Halloween ones out now. Just a thought.

GL!!

schildwaster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schildwaster Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 12

I do cookie baskets by order only, but they are a very popular part of my business. i find that individually wrapped cookies last longer. That way people dont have to eat all thier cookies at once or have them go stale. I buy baskets and mugs and tin pails from the Christamas Tree store and filler paper and foam. Packaging ends up being about 3 dollars. Hot Trend, go for it. If you do paint your own pots, you could take orders for customizing and putting their name on it.

littlecake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 12

people do love thier own names! when i did art shows that was my "calling card".

i was thinking of setting up some models....but i was wondering if the cookies in the models would get moldy in time.....i guess i could use some chips ahoy or something in the models.

mom2c-m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2c-m Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 12

Could you shellac your cookies for the models then you could use them next year?

schildwaster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schildwaster Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 12

i've been thinking of doing this for sugar cookies and i was going to make the cookies you use as an ornament. you have to be careful of them bubbling when you bake them, but the RI should be fine. Yeah Chips Ahoy are chock full of preservatives. They should last a long time unless they get wet.

shaloop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaloop Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 12

How do you individually wrap your cookies?

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaloop

How do you individually wrap your cookies?

If I give this a try this year, I would put each cookie in a treat bag and seal then, tape a lollipop stick to the back of the bag so I can insert the stick into the container.

littlecake Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:33am
post #9 of 12

when i worked at cookie bouquet, years ago, they drilled holes in the cookies...and stuck a wooden dowel up in the hole.

i don't think i wanna mess with bouquets....they are pretty though.

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:56am
post #10 of 12

My mom used to make salt dough cookie ornaments. I wonder if you could use them for display cookies.They would do the trick as far as lasting a long time for display. They are not edible.

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:12am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

when i worked at cookie bouquet, years ago, they drilled holes in the cookies...and stuck a wooden dowel up in the hole.

i don't think i wanna mess with bouquets....they are pretty though.

huh? I hope those were only for display, lol.

maggie_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggie_14 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:20am
post #12 of 12

I think cookie bouquets are wonderful and inexpensive gifts. You can buy the terra cotta pots for 99 cents and get some Christmas rub-ons and used them on your pots. I did my first bouquets for end-of-school year presents and the teachers loved them. I had a fantastic time making them!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%