Is This A Pan Set You Are Familiar With?

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 2:34pm by MomLittr

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 6:07am
post #1 of 19

Hi Everyone,

I found a cake in the Wilton book " A Treasury Of Wilton Wedding Cakes" on page 21. The pan is called "Mini Tier Heart Pan Set". Has anyone seen these? Know where I can buy them?

Thanks.

18 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 6:41am
post #2 of 19

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wilton-4-Layer-Heart-Cake-Pan-Pans-Set_W0QQitemZ170159018835QQihZ007QQcategoryZ116002QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm sorry. It's been a long time since I've seen it called by that name. Is there a part number listed for it?

all4cake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 6:58am
post #4 of 19

You may be able to find it, if not on ebay, possibly at a cake supply store that isn't part of a chain.

Iloveweddings Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 7:42am
post #5 of 19

Hi,

Thank your for your responses. I have a 4 pan set of heart pans. Is that's what they are talking about in their book? I was expecting something different, like some little pan set of 2 or something.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 9:27am
post #6 of 19

It's a very small, 3 tier heart set. In whole a, with 3 single layers, it serves only 12. It originally came with plates and clear twist pillars. I've only ever seen it on Ebay.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 10:25am
post #7 of 19

I had just ordered this set on E-bay. Have not even opened it yet, but will see if it has instructions (if you need them let me know) If I remember correctly, it takes only 1 box of cake mix to make all three layers. Sort of a mini-wedding cake.

deb

MadPhoeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadPhoeMom Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 10:51am
post #8 of 19

i won't swear to it, but i believe i HAVE seen this at All In One Bake Shop in Austin (TX). intriguing....i thought....

Sally

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:35am
post #9 of 19

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Wilton-Valentine-Stacked-Hearts-mini-heart-Cake-Pans_W0QQitemZ120171334533QQihZ002QQcategoryZ116002QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
well, i have looked everywhereicon_smile.gif
this looks like a possibiity, from an estate sale, and the seller doesn't know much about it. you'll need to ask about measuremens i guess! good luck!

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 12:05pm
post #10 of 19

I checked out my "Treasury of Wilton Weddings" to see exactly what you were talking about andon page 21 I have just a big, three tiered round cake that has the center support system. Can you tell me the name of the cake?

Jibbies

sunnycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnycake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 12:48pm
post #11 of 19

Bijoudelanuit & Momlittr are correct: it's a 3-pan set that takes only 1 cake mix...has 2 white plastic heart-shaped seperater plates w/ruffled edges, & small (about 1/4" in diameter), clear plastic dowels that you simply push into the layers. I found the pans listed on ebay, Item number: 220160263549, BUT it doesn't show or mention the seperator plates and/or dowels. I've had my set for years & have never seen the plates or dowels sold seperately.

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:22pm
post #12 of 19

you have to watch e-bay for them, but they do come up now and again. I got a set about two years ago, and love it. icon_smile.gif one of the little crystal twisty legs was broken, but the cake shop up the road had a set of the legs and the circular plates for sale, so I snatched those up.

Good luck finding them!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:37pm
post #13 of 19

I'm glad this came up, I like that set but have never been able to find it. I had a talk with someone at a cake shop once and she said that they are very small, like 4 inch, 3 inch and 2 inch pans or something like that and that Ebay does get them from time to time.

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 2:49pm
post #14 of 19

Iloveweddings:

The pan set should have a number assigned to it. If you find something that looks about right on eBay, contact the seller and ask them for the number if it isn't already in the auction listing. Some sellers are really good about listing item/pan numbers; others are not, but just send an e mail and ask them, so you can be sure you are bidding on what you want.

HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 3:28pm
post #15 of 19

...had a talk with someone at a cake shop once and she said that they are very small, like 4 inch, 3 inch and 2 inch pans or something like that...

Nopeicon_smile.gif The lgst one is a 7"x1 1/2"; then 5" and maybe 3" (?) It's been more than a yr since I have seen mine and am going on memory.
They were designed to hold one cake mix in all 3 pans. The pans are around on e-bay now & then but seldom do you find the seperator plates & legs.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 4:47pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

...had a talk with someone at a cake shop once and she said that they are very small, like 4 inch, 3 inch and 2 inch pans or something like that...

Nopeicon_smile.gif The lgst one is a 7"x1 1/2"; then 5" and maybe 3" (?) It's been more than a yr since I have seen mine and am going on memory.
They were designed to hold one cake mix in all 3 pans. The pans are around on e-bay now & then but seldom do you find the seperator plates & legs.

That big, huh? I wonder what she was talking about. Hmmmmm... icon_cool.gif I've never seen the pans myself so I can't say one way or the other, but I've always thought the cakes are so cute. If anyone finds them on Ebay, please post the link so we can see exactly what we're talking about... icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif

Iloveweddings Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 10:22pm
post #17 of 19

Hi,

Your responses have been fantastic! Ok, I looked in the book for more info on these pans. The name of the cake is "Lilting Harmony". Details about the cake pans:

5", 7 1/2, and 9" coming with 2 plates and 6 legs. 2103-a-409.

Thanks.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 11:08am
post #18 of 19

I looked it up and here's a suggestion; if you can't find the pan set. it has you use the 9 inch and the 71/2 inch heart pans, just use the regular
9 inch heart pan and the 6 inch heart pan. You will get the same effect and there will actually be a little more room for your roses around the 6 inch heart.
Glad you got your package thumbs_up.gif

Jibbies

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:34pm
post #19 of 19

Just checked the box of the one I have - I have the round pan set, bu the front on the box says all three layers only uses one box of cake mix. the back of the box has 3 pictures, but no real instructions.Unfortunately there were no printed instructions for me to copy for you.

deb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%