Clown Cake Ideas

Decorating By kassaa94 Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 11:19am by sweetcakesbydesign

kassaa94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kassaa94 Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 12:06am
post #1 of 4

I need some ideas for a clown cake. The lady would like me to make one in 3-D, if possible, and she wants me to make it as big as possible. I figure I am going to have to sculpt one. Has anyone done one like this before? If so, please help me out with some ideas. I need to make it for the 26th of October. Thanks so much. Kathy in Atlanta, GA icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 4

first thing that comes to mind is a clown that is sitting. you could have him sitting on the cake board with his legs in front. or...you could have him sitting on a cake with his legs hanging over the cake and his feet on the cake board.

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 4

Have you ever seen the clown dolls you can get a craft fairs. The body and head are solid, but the arms and legs are an empty material tube with a shoe and a glove for the hands. Maybe do a really high stacked cake maybe 6-8 inch rounds stacked 5-6 high, will need place a cardboard in every 4-5 inches with a large dowel through the middle. Then do a 3-d head to ball pans back to back.

Then once decorated... add a cloth hat, arms and legs. These can be really long. I guess you could stuff them. Find your material first and then ice your cake to match.

I think this would give the illusion of large.

Good Luck.

sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:19am
post #4 of 4

the first thing that came to my mind was a two teir cake with columns or not, either way. You can pipe clowns around the cake or by each pillar. then to dots around the sides of the cake. I could also picture a shell border around the top.
Hope this helps icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%