I Just Got Sugarshacks New Buttercrem Dvd!!!!!

Decorating By MommaLlama Updated 5 Nov 2007 , 3:15am by grannys3angels

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:09am
post #61 of 143

Yeah, this video is so action packed, I really think they should put in in the NEW RELEASES section of the Video Store thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif . Two thumbs up!!!!!!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:39am
post #62 of 143

I can see you Debbie doing the cha cha! I agree with you, I highly recommended it also. Sharon put together a very well made dvd, with great info, tips & demonstrations.

To think it can all be done with most things we already have, I love that idea, DH loves that idea also, saves money thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 12:38pm
post #63 of 143

Well, dang...I opened a thread about Youtube videos, and I ended up buying a dvd icon_biggrin.gif! I absolutely love Sharon's BC recipe (as does my family), so I definitely felt like I needed to learn more from the Goddess of Icing! I can't wait to get my DVD...whoo hoo!

LovesPekes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovesPekes Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 3:46pm
post #64 of 143

Well like Fluttercakes, I also thought I was going to see You Tube videos and ended up ordering the DVD as well.

How long did it take to receive the video from the time you ordered it???? Can you tell I'm not a very patient person icon_lol.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:17pm
post #65 of 143

LOL, I had to see what all the excitement was about so I just ordered one too. icon_smile.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:17pm
post #66 of 143

LovesPekes, I got mine in only a few days. You won't regret the purchase. It's a great teaching video.

grannys3angels Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:59pm
post #67 of 143

Stacie, you are going to love your dvd. It is an outstanding dvd for anyone who, wants to learn some great tips and have smooth sharp looking cakes. No more rounded square corners thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I also use her bc recipe. I love it when everyone takes their first bite and they rave over the icing. One of the best things for me about this icing is it being non-dairy.

Now they can rave over the things I have learn from the dvd icon_biggrin.gif You got yourself a great gift.

God Bless,
Sharon

frindmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frindmi Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:54pm
post #68 of 143

That sounds like a great DVD. I wish her tips could be used with non-crusting buttercream. I use IMBC and it doesn´t crust so I don´t think it would work for me. icon_cry.gif

MAGGISMITH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAGGISMITH Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:08pm
post #69 of 143

Just ordered it two minutes ago!!! Can't wait!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

grannys3angels Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:35pm
post #70 of 143

frindmi, this is what ShirleyW wrote in this thread about the dvd. Maybe she could give you more info about if it would work with the IMBC icing.
Maybe PM Sharon, she might be able to tell you if it will work or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

Mine arrived today and I watched it this afternoon. Excellent DVD no matter what type of icing you use. I use IMBC but can see that some of Sharon's techniques and hints could apply to any type of icing. And it was great watching her do the square corners that I dread so much, I may bake a square cake just to try that out. This DVD is so useful, inexpensive and would make a great gift for any of your sugar friends or secret pals.

Cakepro, LovesPekes, you are going to LOVE it! I think Sharon's DVD should get the blue ribbon for Best Buttercream DVD thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:01pm
post #71 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannys3angels

icon_lol.gif MommaLlama, that thread has become my second home. Sharon's icing recipe has been a big hit with my family, friends and myself.

which thread is that? Gotta link?? TIA!!!!

grannys3angels Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:01pm
post #72 of 143

Here you go Thems_my_kids the link to that thread.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-19948.html

It is a great thread, WARNING! it is very long....but worth the reading. So fix you a pot of coffee and read! read! read! I do tell everyone if there is anyway you can, to read the whole thread. It has wonderful tips, info and pictures, even some laughs along the way.

God Bless,
Sharon

icon_confused.gif I must have ESP, I answer her question before she ask it icon_lol.gif
Must be a bug in the forum, where they are upgrading.

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:16pm
post #73 of 143

Just ordered a DVD too! Yippie! Can't wait to see it.

grannys3angels Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:55pm
post #74 of 143

MAGGISMITH & bearcreek350, Yippie!! I am excited for you....both of your are going to love this dvd. I was hoping to get to make a square cake this weekend, just to try out the way Sharon does it. I didn't get to, my DD made a lemon cake (very good by the way), so we have to get that eaten 1st.

I do hope to make one soon...heck I'll even be happy to do a round cake just to try the things she shows on them icon_biggrin.gif

Hope you get your dvd's soon ladies!!
God Bless,
Sharon

Cakepro Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:02am
post #75 of 143

grannys3angels, your enthusiasm in this thread is borderline fanatical. icon_confused.gif LOL

It goes without saying that SugarShack is certainly talented. I am looking forward to seeing her gorgeous work in action. icon_smile.gif

frindmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frindmi Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:10am
post #76 of 143

I got it too! Thank you grannys3angels for the encouragement. I PMed Shirley and decided to give it a go. Now I´m so excited to get it in the mail.

Inma

Ps: grannys3angels, the picture in your avatar is just beautiful!

grannys3angels Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:28am
post #77 of 143

icon_lol.gif Cakepro, Bless your heart for given me a much needed laugh, it does look that way icon_lol.gif I blame it on a great dvd, to much time on my hands, and not getting out more icon_lol.gif

frindmi, great! I'am glad it work out and you are so welcome...the icon_cry.gif in your post just got to me and I remember ShirleyW's post. Thought why not give it a shot.

Thank you so much for the comment on my avatar, it is my daughter & her daughter. You can't tell in the picture but they are dress as fairys with wings. I got the idea for my daughter's birthday cake from this picture.

God Bless,
Sharon

Cakepro Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:26am
post #78 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannys3angels

icon_lol.gif Cakepro, Bless your heart for given me a much needed laugh, it does look that way icon_lol.gif I blame it on a great dvd, to much time on my hands, and not getting out more icon_lol.gif God Bless,
Sharon

We need to fix you up in a cheerleading outfit with SugarShack emblazoned across the front! icon_lol.gif I could see you outside of your local cake shop flagging down shoppers with your pom-poms! icon_lol.gif

SugarShack, SugarShack, goooOOOOOOOOO SUGARSHACK!!!!!!!!!

LOL!! icon_lol.gif

grannys3angels Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:21am
post #79 of 143

Ohhhhhh my goodness.....stop it Cakepro, laughing so hard I got tears. Now thats down right funny!! icon_lol.gif

God Bless You & Yours,
Sharon

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:56am
post #80 of 143

i plan to order my dvd next month!!!! I cant wait

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:04pm
post #81 of 143

HI... I got my dvd in like 2 days ! Cant get over how fast it got here ! I love it to .I have a question for anyone that wants to answer . I havent used it YET ! Can someone tell me the difference ,and why its called HIGH RATIO SHOETENING ?? ( SORRY IF ITS A SILLY QUESTION ) !!! Thanks !

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:31pm
post #82 of 143

Hereâs the cake I did yesterday with Sharonâs techniques. I have several years decorating experience and have come a long way, but I havenât had a really tried and true technique for a perfect cake every timeâ¦UNTIL NOW! OK, itâs not totally perfect, it could be better, you can see some blemishes, but this was my first try and look how even and level and smooth it is! Watching her ice it was a huge help! And she also shows how to use the diamond impression mat. Iâve done that before as well, but watching her apply it showed me how to get a good and even impression.

I iced this cake with my regular Butter, Crisco, Powdered Sugar, flavoring and Milk icing. I added a touch of lavender gel color to get it whiter. It crusted on me too much after a while so I had to skip a couple of her steps, but it still came out pretty good. I plan to get some hi-ratio shortening and also give her coffee creamer liquid a try. If I can get it this smooth and neat the first time, imagine how much better Iâm going to get with more practice! Iâm so excited!

They say, âThe proof is in the pudding.â Hereâs my pudding!

Sharon Z, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
thumbs_up.gif
LL
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:48pm
post #83 of 143

MissyTex.... WOW ITS BEAUTIFUL !! CONGRATS TO YOU !

grannys3angels Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm
post #84 of 143

fiddlesticks, no question is a silly question, that is how we learn things, so don't think you ask a silly question...really it was a good one icon_smile.gif

Hi-ratio shortening, also known as cake decorators icing... it absorbs more sugar and liquid than regular shortening, it helps your icing to be more smoother and more stable. The two I hear the most of are Alpine & Sweetex, but there other brands also. I will never go back to crisco again when it comes to making my icing. Hope this helps.
Also here is a link with all kinds of info on hi-ratio, what kinds, where to buy and much more. http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-219731-.html

God Bless,
Sharon

EDITED TO SAY: WOWWWW! MissyTex, you did a GREAT!! job on your cake thumbs_up.gif . I can't wait to try out some of her techniques!

mlwideman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlwideman Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:55pm
post #85 of 143

For those who have the DVD, does it show how to get the cake perfectly level?

mlwideman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlwideman Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:01pm
post #86 of 143

double post

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:37pm
post #87 of 143

Well I just couldn't stand it any longer -- I just ordered it! Actually what inspired me were three things: First, how many people have ordered it and can't say enough good things about it. Then I PMed Shirley and got more details. Finally MissyTex's pix of the diamond impression was the final straw -- I have one and can't get that thing to work right for the life of me! (I know it's the mat, and not me...icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif) So it's another present coming in the mail! Wooo hooo!!!! icon_lol.gif

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:58pm
post #88 of 143

Mlwideman: Yes! She does show how she gets a level top. It is a neat technique! Very simple. You'll say to yourself, "Why didn't I think of that!"

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 10:38pm
post #89 of 143

grannys3angels ..Thanks so much ! Thats very helpful !

grannys3angels Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:08am
post #90 of 143

fiddlesticks, you are very welcome, glad it was helpful for you. Nice to hear you got the dvd also & love it.

Woooo Hoooo & Yahoooo for bobwonderbuns! I am icon_biggrin.gif you order the dvd, you will love her techniques & demonstrations that she does.

Now I will have to be nice, cause I want to put the cutters on my Christmas list icon_lol.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%