Help With

Decorating By bncncnmn Updated 15 Oct 2007 , 10:11pm by kakeladi

bncncnmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bncncnmn Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 3

A lady from my church called and ask if I could make a Cake for her. The problem is that it will have to feed 200 people. She wants 2 1/4 sheets stacked my pan is a 3in deep so she wants two layers there.Then she wants a 12in, 10in ,and 8in round cake also two layers She wanted them stacked but I'm not very good at stacking I don't have a clue how to stack to be honest with you. So I thought about using the wilton cake stands.So is it possible to stack them like that and will that feed 200?Thanks

2 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know if the wilton cake stands will support all that as I haven't used it but for servings I can help with

8" = 20
10" = 38
12" = 52
9"x12" = 52 (times two)
Total = 218 servings that are 1"x2"x4"

So if your cakes are 6" deep you can cut smaller pieces. The other thing I might suggest is to only bake 2" layer cakes in your 3" pans and then stack.

HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 3

Regarding the use of 3" deep cakes......one layer, split & filled then iced is very close to 4" tall.
Hardly anyone, from what I hear, makes a difference when cutting if the cake is 4" or 6" tall....they still cut the same sized pieces.
As for stacking cakes it takes know-how & practice. I suggest not attempting those sizes for your 1st stacked cake. If you could practice by making several different cakes starting say w/9" or 10" w/a 6" on top and then go on to other sizes of 3 tiers and have success then you could try the 12, 10, 8.
Wilton has a styro 3 step tiered cake stand for about $20 (?). I suggest you use something like that. It will make a very pretty display.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%