Poker Theme!!

Decorating By BMAC01 Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 4:14pm by mommyandlovinit

BMAC01 Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 7

icon_confused.gif I RECIEVED A REQUEST FOR A 30TH BIRTHDAY CAKE IN THE SHAPE OF A POKER TABLE WITH ALL THE ACCENTS CHIPS ETC... THIS CAKE NEEDS TO FEED ABOUT 100 PEOPLE. I THOUGHT ABOUT A 15 INCH HEXAGON TO START WITH DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CREATIVE IDEAS TO MAKE THIS CAKE ONE TO REMEMBER FOR THIS GENTLEMAN......

6 replies
elizw Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 7

okay, i just checked out your pictures and saw your fondant girl so i know you can do this....

make a round or square cake for about 70 people

place a cake (hexagon) on top of that for 30 people - the poker table

make a fondant person that resembles the birthday boy and have him sitting at the table

you can then put cards around the table and a pile of poker chips in front of him - HE WON!

you could also make tiny cigars and beer cans to put on the table

it might be more work than you want to do but it would be very personalized!

be sure to post the picture!!!

cheers,
beth

cherub5 Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 7

I have a poker cake in my photos that might help with making the chips!

fabfour Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 7

I have one in my photos as well, the chip were mmf made with a tip #6 and I just cut little rectangles out of the mmf for the cards.

Missy

michelle72 Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 7

I just saw a Food Network Challenge show on wedding cakes and one or two teams made terrific-looking poker table cakes. I think you could find it on www.foodnetwork.com . Good luck! I'm sure it will be great.

BMAC01 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 7

icon_cool.gif Thanks for the feed back. i"ll post the picture of the cake as soon as it's done. The idea of having the people sitting around cake sounds like a cool idea. THANKS!!!!!!!

mommyandlovinit Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 7

i did a poker table all w/ fondant, check it out in my photos, it was very easy!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%