1St Cookies

Baking By QueenoftheHill Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm by cassi_g16

QueenoftheHill Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 6

So after my recent cookie disaster I regrouped and came up with these. This is nfsc with rbc and wilton frosting. Next time I will do RI for decor over the rbc. I really loved working with rbc. I think I will also roll the bc thinner . I'm not good at piping at all. Even my handwriting is horrible. Ne please tell me whats wrong so I can work on it next time.

5 replies
JoAnnB Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 6

They look pretty good for a beginner. it might help to use some for of impression on the RBC, then you have aline to follow.

And piping takes practice. Be sure your icing is right, and practice copying a design under some waxed paper. A smaller piping bag will give you more control.

good luck.

shanzah67 Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 6

I think you did well for a beginner (they look alot better than MY first ones!) and I know it's not as easy as it looks....I am STILL in the "beginner phase" and just don't have the extra time to practice.

I like the RBC too but tried MMF this month and really like it.

7yyrt Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 6

If you go too slowly the frosting will scribble a bit. Try going just a touch faster, and let the icing drop onto the cookie. The lines will be smoother.

GeminiRJ Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:55am
post #5 of 6

If you hate your piping, try using the icing only as "glue". Pipe the design, then cover with things like mini-M&M's, red hots, dragees, etc. You'll get the practice (which will help you improve) and you'll get a nice-looking cookie, too! You're doing fine...it just takes patience and practice.

cassi_g16 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 6

try using a squeeze bottle. It will give you more control!

Quote by @%username% on %date%