Stores In The Atlanta Area

Decorating By Chefgirl Updated 7 Aug 2005 , 12:20am by AgentCakeBaker

Chefgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefgirl Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 14

Is anyone from the Atlanta area? If so, where do you shop for decorating and baking supplies? The only store I know of is Cake Art, but it is not convenient for me to get to. Can anyone recommend some other stores, even websites that are good and not too expensive? Thanks!

13 replies
Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 14

Hi Chefgirl, where in Atlanta are you? I'm in the Smyrna area...I like Cake Art too but it's so out of the way. I go if I'm in the area visiting my parents or if I really need a lot of things.

There is also International Sugar Art off of Jimmy Carter that's a bit closer for me. It's Nicholas Lodge's store. Here is the link http://www.nicholaslodge.com/index2.html. The store itself is not that big but they do have pretty good prices and quite a few things.

Since I've been coming to this board, I've found out about so many great sites. I just came across one last night that someone posted. Here it is:

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/index.aspx

Awesome prices!!

Good luck and welcome! icon_smile.gif

Chefgirl Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 14

Thanks so much, Ironbaker! I am off Ashford Dunwoody, but we'll be moving next year, probably out to Flowery Branch or some other half way affordable area. I'll definitely check out the store on Jimmy Carter, I didn't even know it was there! And the website, too. Thanks again!!

Ironbaker Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 14

Small world, you're very near me. And my boyfriend lives off of Glenridge Drive near Ashford Dunwoody. I don't blame you moving outside of the city.

The Sugar Art store is kind of tricky to find, it's not relly on the street that is listed. Crazy. But the best way to get there is just go 85N to Jimmy Carter, make a right off of that exit. Take the 2nd right turn (can't think of that street name right now)at the light. There will be a Varsity on your right. Across the street on the left you'll see what looks like an office park. Turn in there...it's actually in one of those buildings. not your typical store. But the address is visible.

Do you know about GA ICES? The next day of sharing/meeting is the 14t in Washington, GA. I've never heard of it (lol) but trying to get a couple of girls I know that decorate to go. I've only been to one, the last fall one, and it was very informative.

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 14

Hey, I live in Covington Georgia. Newton County.

I have never heard of GA ICES, but I am new to cake decorating!
How do I get more information about it?

I currently shop at walmart and micheals and joann's for supplies. But they are VERY limited. I have needed different tip sizes, but they only carry the popular sizes.

Bubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbles Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 14

I live in Canton, GA but work in Alpharetta. There is a store in Cumming, GA called Party Art. They have almost everything I need. And if they don't have it, they will order it for me. And everyone there is very helpful.

Ironbaker Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 14

Hi Momoftwogirls, here is the link www.gaices.com It's the Georgia chapter for ICES. It's good to just meet and get ideas from other cake decorators. They had several demos and a couple of ladies have stores so they brought some things to sell. You can also get stuff from the auction they have.

momoftwogirls Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 14

thanks ironbaker!! hopefully i can make it this year.

Chefgirl Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 8:27pm
post #9 of 14

I have never heard of GA ICES either, but hopefully I can make it to the next meeting. Sounds like it would be helpful and informative! I have no idea where Washington, GA is either.
Momoftwogirls, I don't know where Covington is, or if you are ever near the Stone Mountain area, but Cake Art has a lot of supplies. It's just not very convenient for me. Here's their website: http://www.cakeart77.com/.
Ironbaker, that's so funny. It is a small world. Anyway, I will have to check out the Sugar Art.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

momoftwogirls Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 8:34pm
post #10 of 14

Stone Mtn. is about an hour from me. give or take.
I go there often. I will have to check out cake art.
thanks chefgirl!!

newbieinGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbieinGA Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 8:37pm
post #11 of 14

hi all,

I live in alpharetta (off of exit 9 on GA400). Its good to know that some of you are from atlanta. I do my shopping online most of the time since i dont know any local stores.

its good to know of the local sources! thanks!

kirti

Chefgirl Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 8:42pm
post #12 of 14

I just think it's so strange that there aren't that many cake decorating stores in the Atlanta area. Atlanta's so big! I guess the internet makes it easy, but you still have to pay for shipping.

Ironbaker Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 8:59pm
post #13 of 14

Hi Kirti, welcome to you too! I'm familiar with that part of Alpharetta.

A couple of girls I know and myself were saying the same thing - very surprised there are very few places here that cater to cake decorating. None within the perimeter. The market is ripe for it too.

I'll have to remember Party art if I'm ever near Cumming.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 12:20am
post #14 of 14

Hobby Lobby sells some cake decorating items as well. I work off Ashford Dunwoody and Hobby Lobby is about 10 minutes from my job. Its further up Roswell road.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%