Tampa, Fl Cc'ers?

Decorating By newlywedws Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 2:47am by SazzyG

newlywedws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newlywedws Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 5:46am
post #1 of 5

Anyone know of any cake decorating supply stores? I know that there is a store called cakes plus...but the layout is so cluttered, I hate shopping there.

I know there used to be a shop called "The honeybee shop" over on 30th street...but they have since closed down. Any other local shops that you know of?

4 replies
pamsdolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamsdolls Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 5

Looks like you and I are both in the same boat. I agree with you about Cake Plus - overheard that they are moving someplace but not sure where - for more room. Honey Bee had been in business for years and years and when I went there they were closed down. Those are the only ones in Tampa area that I know of - Think there might be one or two in St. Pete - those would be closer to you than me cuz I am up toward Wesley Chapel. Guess we are stuck with Michael's around here. I know its a drive from s. Tampa for ya too. Oh just for your info it almost takes an act of God to get the Brandon or the Dale Mabry store to let ya have the discount if you don't have the coupon. but the other store does not give ya a hard time if you ask for the discount without having the coupon. Afraid to let that out tooo much for fear that they will stop being so easy about it.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 5

I'm in Kissimmee, and there's a store called Jesters Party Supply on Orange Blossom Trail. They have a pretty good selection and if they don't have something, they will order it for you. Maybe this helps if your ever this way or maybe they have one in your town.
Amy

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 5

I have lived over in the St. Pete side of the bridge for over 30 years there is no store that I know of here.

SazzyG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SazzyG Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:47am
post #5 of 5

I live in Weeki Wachee - no supply stores up here either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mind you, I did buy the floating cake stand for $19.99 in a big sale at the JoAnns store in New Port Richey in the summer!!!!!!!!!! it's a huge store but not as big as the one by the Citrus Park Mall.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%