Opinions Please

Baking By SharonZ Updated 26 Dec 2006 , 11:16am by SharonZ

SharonZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonZ Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 1:47am
post #1 of 33

This is my first cookie bouquet. Please give me your honest opinions.
Thanks,
Sharon
LL

32 replies
TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 1:48am
post #2 of 33

very cute. love the mugs and your cookies look great!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 1:51am
post #3 of 33

I love them.. They are so cute!

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 1:55am
post #4 of 33

super cute! I'd buy one!

satin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satin Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 1:58am
post #5 of 33

Very nice! I did bouquets for my family members last year and believe me it does take time. the mugs are great. Have you thought about putting the back cookies up higher and the front cookies lower so you would be able to see them all? Hope I said that right. I just wouldn't know if it would tip the mug. Anyway, the cookies look great. Hope the best for you.

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 2:07am
post #6 of 33

They look adorable!! thumbs_up.gif

Akesunflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Akesunflower Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 2:22am
post #7 of 33

Super job! I'd buy one too!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 2:34am
post #8 of 33

Nice Job.
These should sell quickly!

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 3:17am
post #9 of 33

You did a great job...I made some this weekend...will post them soon..
How much do you ask for yours? I am thinking about asking from $12 to $18

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 3:20am
post #10 of 33

I'm craving those with a cold glass of milk- and I'm full and have a cold! icon_razz.gif

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 3:24am
post #11 of 33

Your cookies look absolutely adorable - great job on the decorating. I agree that the ones in the back should be higher or the ones in the front lower. Other than that they are absolutely perfect.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 3:29am
post #12 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by nglez09

I'm craving those with a cold glass of milk- and I'm full and have a cold! icon_razz.gif

NO milk for you!! builds up mucus!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 4:13am
post #13 of 33

These are absolutely adorable! You did a great job! I agree with the others as far as making the back cookies higher. Another minor suggestion would be to align the cookies so the ones in front block the view of the sticks in back. Then, if any sticks are showing up front, just cram in a little more filler. I'm just one of those who prefers when the sticks don't show. Personal preference.

SharonZ Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:03pm
post #14 of 33

Thank you to everyone for the nice comments. I took your advice and re-arranged my bouquets. Next time, I'm using a denser styorofoam.
Do they look any better now?

Tricia,
I'm thinking about selling them for between $15-$18.
Thanks,
Sharon
LL

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:14pm
post #15 of 33

they do look better now (not that they looked bad before), i think they look great!!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:15pm
post #16 of 33

Nice job! They look great!

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:24pm
post #17 of 33

Your second arrangement looks much better. Don't underprice them, cookie bouquets at cookie shops cost a LOT of money. with 6 cookies I don't think $20 is too much!

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:30pm
post #18 of 33

They look great!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:32pm
post #19 of 33

Very nice! I'd think $15. is a bit on the low side. How about $20? Look at all the time and effort those cookies really took. Great job, they'll go very quickly. thumbs_up.gif

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:09pm
post #20 of 33

That did make a nice difference. They look very polished.
good job.

SharonZ Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 4:14pm
post #21 of 33

Thank you everyone! I will take everyone's advice and price them at $20. I'll let you know if I have any bites.
Thanks,
Sharon

SharonZ Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 12:21am
post #22 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ

Thank you everyone! I will take everyone's advice and price them at $20. I'll let you know if I have any bites.
Thanks,
Sharon

Well, the cookies bombed. I didn't sell one bouquet. Everybody thought they were too expensive. icon_sad.gif I'll give them to my grandson's.
Sharon

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 12:28am
post #23 of 33

That's too bad. People don't realize the time and detail that we put into things. Your grandson's will love them though.

BTW--If people thought they were too expensive, did anyone bother to suggest a price to you? Or was it insultingly low? I would be curious to know what people thought they were worth.

SharonZ Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 11:03am
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisb

That's too bad. People don't realize the time and detail that we put into things. Your grandson's will love them though.

BTW--If people thought they were too expensive, did anyone bother to suggest a price to you? Or was it insultingly low? I would be curious to know what people thought they were worth.

It was insultingly low--one person offered me $8.00. icon_cry.gif Can you believe it! The other remarks I heard was "I can go to Walmart." I should have known better with the cheapskates in this town. It's very discouraging.
Sharon

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 11:57am
post #25 of 33

That's too bad - sure they can go to WalMart - for a stale crappy cookie!! thumbsdown.gif

But better to give them to your grandchildren and have them appreciate and enjoy than to undersell your work. They looked beautiful, I'm so sorry no one appreciated them.

glory2god Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory2god Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 1:18pm
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ

It was insultingly low--one person offered me $8.00. icon_cry.gif Can you believe it! The other remarks I heard was "I can go to Walmart." I should have known better with the cheapskates in this town. It's very discouraging.
Sharon

8 dollars? icon_evil.gif so what did they want to buy? the coffee cup or 2 cookies?........your cookies look great and your choice of cups was right on the mark. i agree that your grandchildren will enjoy them.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 3:17pm
post #27 of 33

So, what can they get at Walmart fo 8 bucks? That sucks...but if that is all they want to pay...then maybe make yours look like theirs..lol

Let me give you a little tip...

If you would've come in all out of breath and placed them on a table and said.

"OH MY!! These are selling like hot cakes!!! I barely managed to set these few aside for you guys to see."

I"ll bet you DOLLARS TO COOKIES..you would've SOLD OUT and had orders for more!!!

People suck and always want what they can't have!!! Remember that for next time! lol

SharonZ Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 8:17pm
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisqueBusiness

So, what can they get at Walmart fo 8 bucks? That sucks...but if that is all they want to pay...then maybe make yours look like theirs..lol

Let me give you a little tip...

If you would've come in all out of breath and placed them on a table and said.

"OH MY!! These are selling like hot cakes!!! I barely managed to set these few aside for you guys to see."

I"ll bet you DOLLARS TO COOKIES..you would've SOLD OUT and had orders for more!!!

People suck and always want what they can't have!!! Remember that for next time! lol

I think you are absolutely right. My husband is so po'ed he said he was going to take them and sit in a parking lot in town, put them on the hood of the car and sell them that way. icon_lol.gif There were people last weekend doing just that with a crudy basket with two cookies and a toy that looked like it was dragged on the floor for a year and they were selling for between $8-$12. The people were going crazy over them. Go figure! Maybe I should take a bite out of each cookie, wrap them back up and sell them that way. icon_evil.gif They'd probably sell like crazy.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 11:25pm
post #29 of 33

they look great! i especially love the snowmen! excellent job! good luck!

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 11:32pm
post #30 of 33

I sold ones for $12 with 3 cookies and the containers with 5 cookies I sold for $15, but also it depends what kind of container I used.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%