How Do I Make The Hangers For The Ornament

Decorating By asweetheart3 Updated 18 Dec 2006 , 3:04pm by Crimsicle

asweetheart3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asweetheart3 Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 1:21am
post #1 of 5

cupcakes? What's the easiest way to make them out of MMF? And how do I attach them? Also, should I tint my MMF yellow to help with the gold luster dust? I'm so overwhelmed!! Thanks!!

4 replies
SharonZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonZ Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 1:29am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by asweetheart3

cupcakes? What's the easiest way to make them out of MMF? And how do I attach them? Also, should I tint my MMF yellow to help with the gold luster dust? I'm so overwhelmed!! Thanks!!

I've never made them, but I would shape it over something rounded like a bottle cap. I can't help you with the luster dust.
Sharon

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 1:33am
post #3 of 5
MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 5

I shaped mine over Lorann oil bottles and used piping gel to attach to ornaments.

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 5

I bought some Amazing Mold Putty from Hobby Lobby and made little molds out of real ornament hangers. Then molded some out of candy melts. They look so real!

For the color....yellow will work, but it won't look exactly like real gold. If you want a real gold color, you need to make your candy look like burnished gold. Start with yellow candy melts. Add tiny bits of red melts until you get a more orangey, golden yellow. More of a school bus yellow than lemon yellow. Then start stirring in tiny bits of green until that golden yellow starts looking more brownish. Mold your hangers out of that, brush them with luster dust and they will look very close to real gold.

These are so fun to do, and the "wow" factor makes them so worth the effort!

Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%