Anyone Going To The Nc State Fair?

Decorating By Joy2501 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 3:44pm by xstitcher

Joy2501 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 11

I entered my first ever competition cake at this years state fair, but I won't be able to go and see how it measured up! If anyone is planning to go, please stop by and visit my cake. I would love some feedback as to how it compared. It is the Teddy Bears picnic cake in my gallery.

Thanks

10 replies
kathik Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 11

We'll be going and we'll check it out! I love your cake! I am adding it to my favorites and will have to find a reason to make one like it!! (Although, I'm sure it won't compare to yours!)

My daughter Chani has a cake in the junior category, so we're eager to see the rest of the competition, too. We've been haunting the NC State Fair Website all day because they are supposed (sp?) to post the winners online, but so far they aren't listed. icon_sad.gif Did you enter in the professional or non-professional category?

Good luck,
Kathi

Joy2501 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks Kathi - I appreciate it. I entered into the non professional category.

Joy2501 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 11

So I actually got to the fair!!! My cake got 2nd place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathi - which was Chani's cake. There were so many people crowded around the cakes i couldn't see any names.

kathik Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:12am
post #5 of 11

Congratulations!! I knew your cake was a winner!

Chani's cake was the Noah's Ark cake. She won first place for 10-12's and Best of Show for the Junior Division. You can read about it in her post here:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-561465-0.html

We still haven't seen it in person with the ribbons, but we will on Sunday!

Kathi

kdbobo Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 11

I saw the Teddy Bear picnic cake!! I thought it was just too cute. Congratulations!

loriemoms Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:33pm
post #7 of 11

Congrats! That is a adorable cake! I entered a cake this year (it was the bag of popcorn with the hotdog) but I am too busy to make it over to the fair. They usually dont post winners until the fair is long over, so I will have to wait until I pick up my cake next Monday. The cakes were so cool this year, I doubt I won anything, I was blown away at what I saw when I dropped off my cake! Especially from the jr division. Some talented kids out there, who I hope are looking for jobs when they are older, I know I could use them! haha!

Joy2501 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:38pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks - I was just too busy with a bunch of other things this year, so I didn't get to enter a cake. Hopefully I will be back next year!

xstitcher Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:16am
post #9 of 11

Congrats to both of you on your win, I think the teddy bears picnic cake is adorable and I'm blown away by Chani's cake what a great job!!!

BTW,

I hope it's okay to ask a ? about the state fair. I moved here in the summer from Canada and have never been to a State Fair and was wondering how long these cakes would be on display and where abouts I would find them when I get there. TIA! icon_smile.gif

loriemoms Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:47am
post #10 of 11

The cakes are in the education building (the big long white building off of gate 1..) They are on display the entire fair (this weekend)

If you haven't gone, you gotta! Although go early, the crowds are VERY thick. And be prepared to EAT a lot!

xstitcher Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:44pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

The cakes are in the education building (the big long white building off of gate 1..) They are on display the entire fair (this weekend)

If you haven't gone, you gotta! Although go early, the crowds are VERY thick. And be prepared to EAT a lot!

Thanks loriemoms! I'm really looking forward to it! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%