Breakfast Treat Ideas For 60 People?

Decorating By imartsy Updated 19 Dec 2006 , 3:54am by mqguffey

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 8

I'm in a play at church and for Christmas I know we have a large cast and a lot of musicians and people helping out "behind the scenes". I'd love to be able to do something for everyone - just bake some kind of goodie.... I originally wanted to make those snowman pops - but 60 people..... can't do it. Esp. b/c I'm going to be at rehersal for the play just about every night this week. So I need something quick. I thought about baking some gingerbread cake - just cake - no decoration...... but we just had a discussion about a bunch of people in the cast not liking gingerbread.

Okay other problem - I thought - ooh I could do a bunch of cake balls..... but the church services will be in the morning..... I don't know if cake balls are something people would eat in the morning. I could do them the night before when we have one or two services..... but I just thought it would be nice for the morning..... I dunno. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

7 replies
satin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satin Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 8

Are you the only one serving breakfast or are there gonna be others making food also? Muffins, mini muffins, breakfast cookies?

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 8

How about banana nut bread. I have a killer recipe!

imartsy Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 8

ooh I guess I could do bread loaves - I could do banana and also choc. chip zucchini - that could be good - I'd love your banana loaf recipe if you don't mind sharing!!! You can PM me or PM me and ask for my e-mail and I"ll give it to you. icon_smile.gif

Oh and about others serving breakfast - I don't know that there will be a "breakfast served" per se, this was just my little treat to bring in. I have no clue if others will bring anything. It's Christmas - so possibly, but there's no guarantee of anything other than doughnuts.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 8

Zucchini bread is another one that everyone seems to like. Even those who don't like it as a vegetable (me) thinks it's delicious if you just say it's nut bread. Not a fib really because it does have nuts in the recipe.

imartsy Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 8

Just one last question - think there's any cute easy fast way to "decorate" the bread? Or would that just be stupid? I don't think I have any stencils to "sprinkle" powdered sugar over - and b/c it's kind of a loaf shape I'm not sure that would look right.... I dunno I'm prob. just trying too hard to impress people and I should just make something that tastes good icon_smile.gif

tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:48am
post #7 of 8

Small cinnamon rolls in muffin cups. Decorate with cherries, both red and green and drizzle with cream cheese frosting.... oh so good!!

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:54am
post #8 of 8

Do you have a paper doily? That could work as a powdered sugar stencil.

You can do both, impress 'em and make it taste good! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%