imartsy Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:13pm
post #1 of

I'm in a play at church and for Christmas I know we have a large cast and a lot of musicians and people helping out "behind the scenes". I'd love to be able to do something for everyone - just bake some kind of goodie.... I originally wanted to make those snowman pops - but 60 people..... can't do it. Esp. b/c I'm going to be at rehersal for the play just about every night this week. So I need something quick. I thought about baking some gingerbread cake - just cake - no decoration...... but we just had a discussion about a bunch of people in the cast not liking gingerbread.

Okay other problem - I thought - ooh I could do a bunch of cake balls..... but the church services will be in the morning..... I don't know if cake balls are something people would eat in the morning. I could do them the night before when we have one or two services..... but I just thought it would be nice for the morning..... I dunno. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

7 replies
satin Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:21pm
post #2 of

Are you the only one serving breakfast or are there gonna be others making food also? Muffins, mini muffins, breakfast cookies?

patticakesnc Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:28pm
post #3 of

How about banana nut bread. I have a killer recipe!

imartsy Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:34pm
post #4 of

ooh I guess I could do bread loaves - I could do banana and also choc. chip zucchini - that could be good - I'd love your banana loaf recipe if you don't mind sharing!!! You can PM me or PM me and ask for my e-mail and I"ll give it to you. icon_smile.gif

Oh and about others serving breakfast - I don't know that there will be a "breakfast served" per se, this was just my little treat to bring in. I have no clue if others will bring anything. It's Christmas - so possibly, but there's no guarantee of anything other than doughnuts.

ShirleyW Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 8:42pm
post #5 of

Zucchini bread is another one that everyone seems to like. Even those who don't like it as a vegetable (me) thinks it's delicious if you just say it's nut bread. Not a fib really because it does have nuts in the recipe.

imartsy Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 10:16pm
post #6 of

Just one last question - think there's any cute easy fast way to "decorate" the bread? Or would that just be stupid? I don't think I have any stencils to "sprinkle" powdered sugar over - and b/c it's kind of a loaf shape I'm not sure that would look right.... I dunno I'm prob. just trying too hard to impress people and I should just make something that tastes good icon_smile.gif

tincanbaby Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:48am
post #7 of

Small cinnamon rolls in muffin cups. Decorate with cherries, both red and green and drizzle with cream cheese frosting.... oh so good!!

mqguffey Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:54am
post #8 of

Do you have a paper doily? That could work as a powdered sugar stencil.

You can do both, impress 'em and make it taste good! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%