What Type Of Pan Do You Use?

Decorating By sarzoemom Updated 16 Dec 2006 , 8:42pm by doescakestoo

sarzoemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarzoemom Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 10

Magic line or Wilton? I want to get a half and quarter sheet magic line but just wonder if it is worth the money.

9 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 10

I prefer magic line as they have straighter sides and the corners are square instead of rounded. I think they are worth the money. HTH

jmac3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmac3333 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 10

I used my new Magic Line pan yesterday for the first time. I can't tell you what a difference it made. The cake came out so flat I won't have to do any leveling. Very crisp corners and edges, too. I had high hopes but the cake surpassed those by far. One by one I'm going to replace all my Wilton pans with Magic Line. Well worth the money, in my opinion.

sarzoemom Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 10

since they are heavier, do they heat more even?

Ray75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ray75 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 10

I'm finding this info very useful, good question sarzoemom! Is CC the only place you can find the Magic Line? Can I find them in a store?

hktaitai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hktaitai Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 10

I prefer Magic Line ... much sturdier than Wilton. Lots of vendors sell the brand online... just google "magic line." I bought a few square and sheet pans from Countrykitchensa.com .

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 2:36pm
post #7 of 10

I purchase them at a local craft/cake supply store but I don't think Michael's carries them. I don't know if Hobby Lobby has them or not but you can purchase them right here on CC.

Ray75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ray75 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 3:03pm
post #8 of 10

Yea, Michael's and Ac Moore are the only craft places that carry any cake things, its a shame I don't have any cake supply stores by me!

sarzoemom Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 8:34pm
post #9 of 10

We have a local cake supply store that sells them so I have asked for a few for Christmas like a half sheet, quarter sheet and some round pans. We will see if Santa brings me any. I have been good ya know!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 8:42pm
post #10 of 10

icon_wink.gif Don't tell any one, since I have admitted to being a WMI here before. but I love the Magic line pans. Wilton does have some simular to them but ....I love the Magic line ones better. They do tend to heat more evenly and thru and thru. I am slowly changing my pans out for this type. Sorry Wilton. tapedshut.gificon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%