Help! Wilton 3-D Bowl. Pin Pan

Decorating By midwestmommy Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 7:18am by GI

midwestmommy Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 10

I have the pan but no directions.

Does anyone know how much batter to put in it?
Any tips on keeping it stable? Will have to be delivered.

9 replies
midwestmommy Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 10

BUMP

midwestmommy Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 10

of all the people on this site, no one is willing to tell me how much batter to put in the darn thing and how long to bake it?

icon_sad.gif

susies1955 Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 10

Breathe! icon_smile.gif
This is the first time I'm seeing this post and I spend a lot of time here. Maybe no one could help. icon_lol.gif
Do you have a pan number????????
I found this but not having the number of the pan it is hard to know how to help:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/Pans/instructions/502-4424BowlingPinSet.PDF
I also found this but not sure if it will help:
http://www.cakepans4less.com/Instr502-4424%20BowlingPinSet.PDF
Susie

GI Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 10

I know susies1955 can help! She helped me find an old Wilton character pan directions!!

She led me to this site: www.ladycakes.com/pan_instructions.htm

When you send the lady an email with the pan #, she can send back a .pdf file for you. Read her instructions very carefully before you make your request. She's very nice, too, and usually gets back to people pretty fast.

HTH! thumbs_up.gif

edit to add: if this is the standup pin, then I would put criss-cross dowels thru it and drive very carefullyl! icon_smile.gif

cheftracy Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 10

How funny! I bought the bowling pin pan off ebay early this year and just 3 days ago, opened the box. Cleaning up my office. I have the instructions right here...

Wash pan in hot soapy water to remove manufacturing oils. It's easy to bake party shaped cakes if you keep one important thing in mind. In order to smoothly reproduce all the curves and indentations of the design, you must grease your pans properly. This is truly the secret of the perfectly shaped cake.

To do this right, it is best to begin with a heavy white vegetable shortening. Spread it generously all over the inside of each pan, making sure that every curve and indentation is coated. Then pour in about 2 tablespoons of flour, tip pan back and forth and tap sharply on table to spread over entire bottom and sides. Pour off excess flour, patting pan again to create an even coating of flour. If shiny spots remain, grease and flour them again.

After pan is greased and floured, prepare a single cake mix according to package directions. Place pans level on their racks, divide batter evenly between pans. Bake at 350 degrees in center of oven; place larger end of pan toward back of oven; again level pans on their racks. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cake in large end of pan springs back lightly when touched with finger. Do no overbake. Cool on rack ten minutes. When cake is cooled, before unmolding, carefully trim cake even with top edge of pan. To unmold; place cake circle or flat plate on top of cake; invert circle, pan and rack in the same motion. Tap pan gently with hand of spatula; carefully lift pan from cake.

To make upright bowling pin cake, spread buttercream icing on top of both halves and press together.

And that's all the instructions say. Good Luck!

susies1955 Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 8:01pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI

I know susies1955 can help! She helped me find an old Wilton character pan directions!! She led me to this site: www.ladycakes.com/pan_instructions.htm

GI,
Thanks for the reminder of this site. LOL! I knew there was another place to look but couldn't remember. I bookmarked.
Glad I could help you. icon_smile.gif
Susie

GI Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 10

No problem! (hee hee, it was cool to pass along someone's tip here on CC!)

midwestmommy Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 12:04am
post #9 of 10

Thank you thank you thank you!

I didn't think I'd be left in the cold!

Perfect timing. I'm baking tonight! (Thank goodness the site is back up!!)

GI Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 7:18am
post #10 of 10

Did your bowling pin turn out? And how in the world did you get it to stand up? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%