How Do You Do That Cake That Chocolate Melts On The Side?

Decorating By monnitas0808 Updated 17 Dec 2006 , 7:21am by Luby

monnitas0808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monnitas0808 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 2:54am
post #1 of 10

You know those pictures that are done most of the time for grooms that has melted chocolate melting on the side but not touching the bottom, how do you do that? What type of chocolate do I buy and how do I do it that it will not touch the bottom? Can some please help me out I have a cake for tommorow and they requested that I didn't want to say no, I just thought to myself I KNOW SOMEONE WILL HELP ME IN CC..=0)!

Thanks,
Monique

9 replies
Ditter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ditter Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 3:10am
post #2 of 10

I think that it is chocolate ganach that is poured just along the edge and only let drizzle down a little. Their is a receipe here for ganach. HTH

Mickey

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 3:15am
post #3 of 10

Thanks, for asking the question, I wanted to know too

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 3:22am
post #4 of 10

If this is what you are talking about, yes it is ganache.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos_display_10_-88216.html

monnitas0808 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 10

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN JUST USE REGULAR CHOCOLATE? JUST MELT IT , THEN BEFORE IT'S TO STIFF I CAN JUST MAKE IT RUN? DON'T KNOW JUST A THOUGHT MAYBE SOMEONE HAS DONE IT LIKE THIS?

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 5:03am
post #6 of 10

Maybe try adding a smidge of whipping cream to it before u pour it on.. not sure, but it just might do the trick.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 5:11am
post #7 of 10

You could do it just by melting the chocolate, but it'd work best if you put some cream. It'd make it runnier and just overrall better. HTH.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 5:20am
post #8 of 10

OK, I've never done a cake like this, but what about candy melts?? I was playing with them today and it seems that they might do the job. HTH

monnitas0808 Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 5:36am
post #9 of 10

HELLO, YES ACTUALLY TRIED IT AND IT CAME OUT DECENT I JUST POSTED IT UP. I AM NOT TO HAPPY WITH THE ACTUAL CAKE. FOR SOME REASON IT WENT HEAVY AND YOU CAN SEE IT ON THE SIDE. bUT OTHER THAN THAT IT SMELLS GOOD..=0).

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 7:21am
post #10 of 10

I would think that if you just melted chocolate you would have a difficult time cutting through the chocolate. The ganache is very pliable and very easy to slice through.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%