tripletmom Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 12:51am

Ola!

I posted this in the General section however thought I should also post it here...

I am doing a cake for a client whose son is going to be studying in Mexico for his last year of college. She wanted something in Spanish on the cake however the only Spanish we know is 'hasta la vista' and to be honest I'm not sure exactly what this means.

Does anyone have any good, simple words in Spanish that I could do on the cake? She would like to say something along the lines of "Good Luck Ben!". I know we have some fabulous Spanish speaking folks on here....any ideas? Also, if we go with hasta la vista, is it spelled right and are there any accents that I need to add?

Gracias!

tripletmom

5 replies
MrsMissey Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 12:56am

I believe that means "See You Later" If all else fails try this:

http://translate.google.com/translate_t

marknrox Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 1:06am

Good Luck Ben translates to Buena Suerte Ben.

Hasta la vista = Good Bye

MariaLovesCakes Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 1:35am
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletmom

Ola!

Does anyone have any good, simple words in Spanish that I could do on the cake? She would like to say something along the lines of "Good Luck Ben!". I know we have some fabulous Spanish speaking folks on here....any ideas? Also, if we go with hasta la vista, is it spelled right and are there any accents that I need to add?

Gracias!

tripletmom

Good Luck, Ben! translated : Buena Suerte, Ben!

Hasta la vista translated : See you later!

No accents needed except for if you use the exclamation point you need one at the beggining with the dot on the top and the one on the end with the dot as is...

tripletmom Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 3:57am

Thanks so much!

So for the exlamation point, I would do an upside one at the beginning? Just want to be sure....

MrsMissey Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 4:15am

..yep, and a regular exclamation point at the end!

Quote by %username% on %date%

%body%