Disppointed

Lounge By dontwalkaroundthebush Updated 15 Dec 2006 , 10:14pm by MrsMissey

dontwalkaroundthebush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dontwalkaroundthebush Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:27am
post #1 of 11

I am sorry if i offended anone with any of my comments and replies. but i still am kindof disappointed that i was very uncwelcome here. i was called a troll and labeled a s jerk. i wont be coming on this iste anymore. hope that makes all of you happy.

-ana

10 replies
LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 5:19am
post #2 of 11

Please don't let the few who seem to be looking for the bad in everyone represent the over 50,000 members here. I for one am sorry that you were subjected to that.

You will find, however, that people are very quick to react to anything....so, I guess my only advice is to not have any thing to say that isn't "white bread".

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 5:35am
post #3 of 11

I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving. I felt that the questions you asked where great and I replied that you had a great question to ask. I feel that sometimes people dont have anything better to do then to be mean to some people. I felt that what was going on in the other post was kind of disappointing and fell that "if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all" should have been said. Dont worry about it over time you will be very welcomed here and loved by many. So please stay.

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 6:17am
post #4 of 11

Oh no, please don't leave this site because of one or two members. There is so much to learn here. I've learn't not to bother with some peoples comments. You will see a trend on the way some members react to posts and it is always the same members who are making these comments. Please don't leave.....don't give in to what one or two members say.

By the way, welcome to CC.

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 11

so sorry -things here are not like they used to be icon_sad.gif

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 11

Alot of us would like for you to stay it is always great to have a family of cake people because we can always learn things from different people. I felt that the attack against you was horrible and that is why there are so many people that are even afraid to say anything. I love that we have or moderators because as soon as they see what is going on they stop it and I have seen alot of people that have gotten kicked out of here because they cant "play nice" so dont worry about them just have fun making cakes and stick around there is alot to learn.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 11

Actually I don't know what this person's intentions were with the posts made, but I was put off by the fact that they joined Dec. 14th, and immediately started asking questions about money and religion.

How much money can be made and/or how much others are making, to me is pretty personal, even from a business standpoint. Janice

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:54pm
post #8 of 11

I too, was a little surprised to see the reaction your question got. I didnt really think it was such a big deal, but of course that is just my opinion. I am just not sure why it created such a buzz. I was not raised particularly religious, so I often have a lot of questions about different religions and their practices. If I do, it isnt meant to be judgemental, I just enjoy learning. Anyway, I hope that this doesnt scare you off, there is a great bunch of people here on cc! It is my favorite past time except for actually decorating.

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 8:58pm
post #9 of 11

sounds to me like the one who called you a troll, well thats kind of like the pot calling the kettle black. that person seems to have an enormous amount of opinions from what i have read on the forums. and in alot of cases has lit some fires of her or his own. there are always going to be thos type of people out there. and the best you can do is ignore, because most people don't share the opinion.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 11

Excuse me, but what is the point of this thread?

This site is for cake decorators, bakers and those interested in learning about cake decorating and baking.

Discussions of politics, religion and sex are better served on other chatboards.

Also, since this board hosts both professional, amateur and hobby decorators and bakers, etc. the topic of income, in other than general terms, is inappropriate. (How to price cakes, is a different matter.)

I come here to "talk cake," and make cake friends.

Please let us support one another in our cake related goals and focus on what connects us, NOT on what separates or divides us.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 10:14pm
post #11 of 11

..very well said JanH and a good way to end this thread! This thread has now been locked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%