Bridal Show Question

Decorating By Michele01 Updated 11 Oct 2007 , 12:47pm by diamondjacks

Michele01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele01 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 1:32am
post #1 of 8

I was going to do a bridal show, and the company is doing one in October and January. We'll they want between $495.00 - $795.00 for a booth, and that is kind of pricey. Is this a normal fee? I have never done a bridal show. We'll anyway, the guy from the show calls me and says they have a few spots left, and he would only charge me $200.00 for the booth for the October 21st show. I would love to do it at that price, but it's in 11 days!!!! I only have one dummy cake in my house and not a lot of money in my business account yet. (I just started my business in April, and know I shouldn't expect to make much the first couple of years.) How many dummy cakes do you frequent show goers bring? Can I just get pictures of my wedding cakes in 8x10 frames and use them instead? I really don't think I could pull this off in 11 days though. Would anyone be interested in giving me a list of essentials to bring to a bridal show. Also, what do you offer as your door prize. Thanks everyone.

7 replies
melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 2:31am
post #2 of 8

I'd kick it into high gear and make some dummy cakes pretty fast maybe 4 or 5...for $200.00 that would jump start your business. If your licsenced....

I'd say go for it!

melody

Michele01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele01 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 11:56am
post #3 of 8

Yes, I am licensed. I think it is a great opportunity too, just don't know if I could get all of that done in time.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 8

Get to working. It will be well worth your $200. I paid almost 4 times that for the one I did in August. I am starting to get calls for consultations from it. I have gotten one groom's cake already. I also have 3 concultations set up in the next few weeks and some after all the holiday craziness. I took 5 dummies and they were a hit. You can look at my pictures on my website. www.buymecake.com

DesignerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignerCakes Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:15pm
post #5 of 8

Thats a great deal for the price. In my area, a booth in the annual bridal show runs $400, or $650 for a double space (which is what I got). It's definitely pricey and they NEVER discount them. I'd definitely take melodyscakes advice and get some dummies done ASAP. You don't need alot of them. Some people only have two or three. I will have alot this year, about a dozen or more, but I have a 20x10 area and that's alot to cover.

You should be fine. It will really get your business going if you attend.

I wish you the very best of luck!

sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 8

That is the going rate for bridal show booths...it is ridiculous! If they are goig to give it to you for $200, you should do it. That is a good deal. It will be WELL worth your investment and it will be the kick start that your business needs! I think if you could make a few more dummy cakes and get some pictures framed of some of the cakes you make already, you can display them too. Do a raffle-that will bring in more brides and plus you will get their contact information sooner then they will give you their list. Make sure to serve samples. The brides LOVE that! I have attached a few pictures of displays I have done for some of the shows I have done in the past. Good luck and if you have any question, Pm me!
LL
LL
LL

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 8

Very nice pictures!

I would say go for it too. At the bridal show here in January, the smallest booth fee is $750!!! It's a huge show, but it's a huge pricetag too. I would do a smaller one if given the opportunity. Good luck!

diamondjacks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondjacks Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 8

Get off the computer and get working an opportunity like that!!! GO!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%