Help!! I Need A Name.

Business By jackieblue Updated 12 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm by tonedna

jackieblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackieblue Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 23

I am in the process of getting licensed and there is one thing I forgot. I NEED A NAME!! So I'm am thinking Buttercream Heaven or Heavenly Buttercream. What do you all think? Any ideas? icon_smile.gif

22 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 23

Are you just doing cakes or an assortment???
Also, just off the top of my head, looking at your name, how about Jackie's Blue Buttercream Heaven!!

Lucy0618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lucy0618 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 23

You know I've always been for using your name....I know alot of people use other names such as delicious names but getting recognizion for your work is great knowing that your the person under the great shop is even better!! IMHO..... icon_lol.gif

jaminic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaminic Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 23

I suggest Sweet Jackiès Blue Biz

regards,

pidge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pidge Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 23

I was just noticing that your 'name' is jackieblue ... well, I don't know why it's jackie - blue ... but "Blue Buttercream" is kind of cute/cool ... I mean you don't often think of blue buttercream ... unless you think of blue teeth ... or "blue-tooth" ...or high-tech "blue-cake"... then there is always "Blue's Clues" ... do you keep a "handy-dandy-notebook"?? icon_cool.gif well, my brain is heading on a track now ... but you have "blue" in there for a reason! icon_rolleyes.gif

darrahmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darrahmomof3 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 23

I think either are cute. Are you wanting those 2 words in the name? I will be thinking for ya!

goof9j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goof9j Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:54pm
post #7 of 23

How about Jackie's Sweet Tooth. That just about covers anything. icon_biggrin.gif

marecip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marecip Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 23

I know this is neither of the two you mentioned but I think Sweet Jackie Blue's is unique & fun. You could make a logo with with that in larger print, maybe in an arch shape and the word bakery smaller & underneath...
..........................Sweet Jackie Blue's........................ ..................................Bakery................................

................OH! wait...how about this.....

Put "Sweet Jackie Blue's" in an arch shape with "Buttercream Heaven" in a reverse arch shape under it (the words would form an eyeball shape)
In the area in between you could have a drawing of a cake...hah..maybe with wings....

It seems like a lot of words but they really roll off the tongue. And most people will cut it short & end up saying.."Oh that fabulous cake...it was from "Sweet Jackie Blue's"

But it would look great on a logo.
It sounds like a famous bakery....................

"Sweet Jackie Blue's...Buttercream Heaven"

weirkd Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 10:36pm
post #9 of 23

Ok, I like the Sweet Jackie Blue's Buttercream Heaven!! That is cute!
And I ok think someone is over caffeinated....PIDGE!!!

pidge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pidge Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 11:48pm
post #10 of 23

i think i have too much blue buttercream in my system!! my sister likes the idea of "Blue Cake" ... she said it would work great in Austin, TX (where we just moved from). It wouldn't quite have the same idea here in North WI ... i think we are only one of ten people in the area that even has internet access!!
Or ...more on the right track "Blue Heaven Bakery" is more ... umm ... uncaffeinated!

weirkd Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:35am
post #11 of 23

Ahhh sugar rush!! Will give you the same buzz!!
I hear ya, I live around farmers also so not much for cake business!

jackieblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackieblue Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:01pm
post #12 of 23

Thank you all so much!! I knew I could count on all my CC friends. Jackie Blue is actually my maiden name. Thanks you to marecip, I love it. Sweet Jackie Blue's Buttercream Heaven is awesome.!!! I will keep you all posted. Thanks again!!! icon_biggrin.gif

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 8:35pm
post #13 of 23

sorry, not to be a party pooper, but i think "sweet jackie blue's buttercream heaven" is waaaay too long. its quite the mouthful. i would def shorten it and maybe add the rest as a tag line. whatever you decide, i would keep it to no more than 5-6 syllables. (jmho)

edited to add: whatever name you pick, first imagine yourself answering the phone with it. that helped me decide on a name, some just dont sound right when said out loud or often. would you really want to always say "sweet jackie blue's buttercream heaven, this is jackie can i help you?" for every phone call?

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 7:04am
post #14 of 23

I've gotta agree with beccakelly on this one. That's a real mouthful.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 7:39am
post #15 of 23

Too looooooonggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 12:57pm
post #16 of 23

I agree with the length.

I like "Jackie's Buttercream Heaven". Still has your name as well as your orginal thoughts.

At least that's my 2 cents. icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 1:22pm
post #17 of 23

On the other side of the length of name dispute, I see absolutely no reason why she would have to answer the phone using "Sweet Jackie Blues Buttercream Heaven, how can I help you". Why in the world can't she simply answer it "Sweet Jackie Blues"? The caller is going to know who they called so any part of the business name will instantly be recognized. The only reason this would not work is if there is more than one "Sweet Jackie Blue" anythings in the same town, like Sweet Jackie Blues laundry mat AND Sweet Jackie Blues Buttercream Heaven. This would be highly unlikely, one would think.

beccakelly Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 1:37pm
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

On the other side of the length of name dispute, I see absolutely no reason why she would have to answer the phone using "Sweet Jackie Blues Buttercream Heaven, how can I help you". Why in the world can't she simply answer it "Sweet Jackie Blues"? The caller is going to know who they called so any part of the business name will instantly be recognized. The only reason this would not work is if there is more than one "Sweet Jackie Blue" anythings in the same town, like Sweet Jackie Blues laundry mat AND Sweet Jackie Blues Buttercream Heaven. This would be highly unlikely, one would think.

but if you only use half your biz name regularly, and everyone comes to know you as "sweet jackie blues" then why have the rest of your name? there would be no point to adding the "buttercream heaven" if its not said and referred to.

Teekakes Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:36pm
post #19 of 23

Well, the Buttercream Heaven would serve as an explanatory for new customers looking at a business card or in the phone book perhaps. Once that customer calls and she answers "Sweet Jackie Blues" then they will know they have reached the correct business.

beccakelly Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:00pm
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Well, the Buttercream Heaven would serve as an explanatory for new customers looking at a business card or in the phone book perhaps. Once that customer calls and she answers "Sweet Jackie Blues" then they will know they have reached the correct business.

is it really necessary to have that "explanatory" reference though? i mean, if they're looking at her in the phone book she'll be listed under bakery. if they're at her website it'll be obvious. if they have her business card it will probably say something like:
"sweet jackie blues
jackie ____ cake decorator"

i don't think its necessary to add that extra bit, because hopefully with her marketing it will be obvious that she does cakes. if its not, there's something wrong with her marketing. if you don't use it when referring to biz in everyday life, why have it? its just long and serves no real purpose. (IMHO) icon_wink.gif

just for example, my biz name is sweet water bakehouse. just from the name it may not be clear that i do almost exclusively wedding cakes. but because you always see my name in context of wedding cakes (the knot, bride and groom planner, brochures/cards), it works. its too long and not helpful to call myself "sweet water bakehouse wedding cakes"

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:07pm
post #21 of 23

Jackie Blue's rolls off the tongue just right. Novices have no idea what buttercream even is anyway!! I think going for the shorter version of Sweet Jackie Blue's would be perfect.

Teekakes Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:31pm
post #22 of 23

OK, we are at an impass here so the only thing to do is agree to disagree on the subject. icon_lol.gif I understand what you are getting at and hope you can understand what I am getting at too.
It is Friday, my house cleaning day where everything gets done and the dryer buzzer (I HATE THAT THING, it makes me jump entirely to often!) just went off so now to fold some sheets and get the next load in.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdica

I agree with the length.

I like "Jackie's Buttercream Heaven". Still has your name as well as your orginal thoughts.

At least that's my 2 cents. icon_smile.gif

I like this one too!..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%