Ribbon Question

Decorating By firegal79 Updated 17 Dec 2006 , 4:32am by firegal79

firegal79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firegal79 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 6

I am baking a cake and I want to put ribbon around the bottom of the cakes. I was told by one user on this site to put wax paper on the back of the ribbon. Is this true? Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure on that but I recently baked a tiered cake with ribbon around the base and I just stuck the ends together with icing at the back of the cake. It was pretty simple to do and I'm pretty new at this. Its in my pics.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 6

waxed paper helps prevent grease spots on the ribbon. You can also back it with tape

PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 6

Hi,
Just saw your post. I've used ribbon on several cakes and found this method works best for me. Iron the ribbon between wax paper so the wax is on both sides of the ribbon. Make sure to use tissue under your wax paper and on top as well so the wax doesn't end up on your ironing board and iron. This method works great for me - no grease - no mess. Good luck. Happy holidays! thumbs_up.gif

scottelisa13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scottelisa13 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 6

so could you use ribbon on a buttercream cake then too?

firegal79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firegal79 Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 4:32am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone for the help on this cake. For such a simple cake, I had sooooo many questions. I am pleased with the way it turned out. I ironed the ribbon in between wax paper and it worked great. Here's the pic. Thanks again everyone. It is a 6 inch on top of and 8 inch cake with buttercream frosting, I decided not to put fondant on it. Bow is fabric as well. icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-90593

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%