Help Please.. Wilton Class Iii Week 2 List.. What To Bring

Decorating By sassycgirl Updated 14 Dec 2006 , 2:58pm by tgirl22

sassycgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycgirl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 11

Ok I signed up for Wilton Class III last this month... I had to miss the first class last week so I did not get my class book on what to bring to class number 2 for course III.. If anyone has the book for course III would you please please please look over and give me the list of what is needed.. Thank you so much...

I have tried to call Micheals and they will not give out the phone #of our teacher or anyone in the class.. So I am stuck...

10 replies
sassycgirl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycgirl

Ok I signed up for Wilton Class III last this month... I had to miss the first class last week so I did not get my class book on what to bring to class number 2 for course III.. If anyone has the book for course III would you please please please look over and give me the list of what is needed.. Thank you so much...

I have tried to call Micheals and they will not give out the phone #of our teacher or anyone in the class.. So I am stuck...

BUMP please help !!!!! icon_redface.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 11

I can not help you. I have my book at home & I will not be home until 6PM tonight. If it can wait till then I will get it for you.

sassycgirl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 11

Ahhhh I am soooo flippin mad at my local craft store where I am taking this class..... Sometime two weeks ago when I went in there to buy my course III kit they had TONS of old course III books for sale for $5... So I called today and ask if they could read to me what was needed for week 2.... They said they could not do that... If I were not 45min away I would just drive there and get one... Ahhhh this is making me so mad.... Why can they not help and what do they do if this happens to anyone else..

tgirl22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgirl22 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 11

What to bring:
Tools from your kitchen - the usual (let me know if you need to know what the usual is)
Cake and icings - 8 inch square cake at least 3 inches tall, placed on a cake board the same size as the cake and iced with a thin coat of Buttercream icing; Fondant - 1 24 oz. package plus the remainder of Lesson 1 white fondant (approx. 8 oz); 12 oz. Pink fondant (from lesson 1); 1/2 cup medium consistency white buttercream icing for bead border; fondant rose centers from lesson 1
Tips - round tips 5 and 12
Decorating tools and supplies - all of kit 3, decorating bags, decorating brush, couplers, spatulas, turntable, icing colors, clear vanilla, piping gel, dowel rod (wooden), measuring spoons, plastic food storage bags, rolling pin, corsage pin, 2 tablespoons solid white vegetable shortening, pastry or pizza wheel, dusting puff (let me know if you need instructions to make this), ruler, container to transport cake. OPTIONAL: quick ease roller, fondant smoother, disposable gloves, candy cups

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 11

I will try to help but I'm not sure if I can because I don't have my book, but I have my second class tonight also. From what I can remember you will need:
square or round cake, iced in buttercream
fondant (24oz. i believe)
rolling pin
pizza cutter
cup of crisco
tape
food coloring
all of the course 3 kit
equal amounts of powedered sugar and cornstarch in a thin dish rag thing (dusting puff)
gum tex 9should come in the course 3 kit)
toothpicks

I think this might be everything that you need, and if not, it's pretty close. Hope I helped!

sassycgirl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:46pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgirl22

What to bring:
Tools from your kitchen - the usual (let me know if you need to know what the usual is)
Cake and icings - 8 inch square cake at least 3 inches tall, placed on a cake board the same size as the cake and iced with a thin coat of Buttercream icing; Fondant - 1 24 oz. package plus the remainder of Lesson 1 white fondant (approx. 8 oz); 12 oz. Pink fondant (from lesson 1); 1/2 cup medium consistency white buttercream icing for bead border; fondant rose centers from lesson 1
Tips - round tips 5 and 12
Decorating tools and supplies - all of kit 3, decorating bags, decorating brush, couplers, spatulas, turntable, icing colors, clear vanilla, , dowel rod (wooden), measuring spoons, plastic food storage bags, rolling pin, corsage pin, 2 tablespoons solid white vegetable shortening, pastry or pizza wheel, dusting puff (let me know if you need instructions to make this), ruler, container to transport cake. OPTIONAL: quick ease roller, fondant smoother, disposable gloves, candy cups

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU>>>> Ahhh you are a life saver...... Thanks a million..... I did bake a cake last night because she had told us we would do a square cake at the end of class II..... I guess I will just buy some fondant from the store when I get there... Will that be ok do you think????

tgirl22 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 11

You are very welcome and it should be fine to buy the fondant when you get there, unless you wanted to do up some rose centers that you will need for the last class. When we did ours, we did the centers week 1, then added the second row of petals on week 2. BUT, we didn't do too many in my class, so you could probably get away with making a few there in class! Hope that makes sense!

sassycgirl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:50pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen816

I will try to help but I'm not sure if I can because I don't have my book, but I have my second class tonight also. From what I can remember you will need:
square or round cake, iced in buttercream
fondant (24oz. i believe)
rolling pin
pizza cutter
cup of crisco
tape
food coloring
all of the course 3 kit
equal amounts of powedered sugar and cornstarch in a thin dish rag thing (dusting puff)
gum tex 9should come in the course 3 kit)
toothpicks

I think this might be everything that you need, and if not, it's pretty close. Hope I helped!

I hate I missed last week but my best friend had a have a emergancy c-section (3 weeks early) and I had already told her I would watch her 2 yrs old... I hated missing it..... Thanks so much for the help..... Did I miss alot in class 1???? I run into a girl from my class the other day and she was supposed to e-mail me everything we needed and she said all they did was flowers last week, I guess she forgot to e-mail or call me and I did not remember her last name..... I am very excited to get to work with fondant tonight..... Thanks again for all the help

sassycgirl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:52pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgirl22

You are very welcome and it should be fine to buy the fondant when you get there, unless you wanted to do up some rose centers that you will need for the last class. When we did ours, we did the centers week 1, then added the second row of petals on week 2. BUT, we didn't do too many in my class, so you could probably get away with making a few there in class! Hope that makes sense!

Yeah I am lucky we only have three in our class so I hope I can catch up real quick... Thanks again...

tgirl22 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:58pm
post #11 of 11

I finished my course 3 about 6 or 7 months ago, so it's been awhile since I took the class...but reviewing my book, lesson 1 is cornelli lace (easy), sotas (even easier), bead border (not bad, I just personally don't care for it), brush embroidery (fun, and I love the effects) stringwork, ruffle border and ruffle garland (all take practice), and the fondant rose centers. If you go to wilton's website and click on decorating techniques on the left, then basic decorating techniques in the center, you can review cornelli, sotas, beads, brush techniques, stringwork, ruffles, and fondant rose. I found if you practice enough with the techniques on their website, you can practically teach yourself!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%