Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 1:27pm
post #91 of 2524

I was not good yesterday either, but I was giving myself one day off. My goal was for 6 out of 7 days to eat healthy (like the body for life program) Okay, I still feel a little guilty about it though. We had a family christmas thing yesterday and then when we got home we were tired and just got pizza. I checked and I still weigh 150.8 though. at least I havent gained. You guys are doing great! Congrats on your weight loss shelbur10! I am hoping for mabye a pound by Thursday! Today I am getting back on track!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 1:37pm
post #92 of 2524

icon_surprised.gif I just weighed and it says 123?! I am hopin my scales not broke! Guess the water has helped with the usual 2 lbs. of water I retain most of the time. Not to mention staying up till 2:40 am to finish baking 2 2 tier cakes and making 3 batches of three different frostings. Plus I did laundry all day yesterday, which for me is up and down my basement stairs at least 3 times per load! who needs a stair climber? icon_rolleyes.gif Congrats girls on almost making it through our 1st weekend......just about 15 hours to go......

Die fat cells, DIE!!!!!

Ladyofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyofcake Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 5:27am
post #93 of 2524

Did well today but yesterday sucked - hurt my back carrying DD all week as she is not feeling well, so yesterday ended up with ice packs and ibuprofen all day and had appointment last night with a friend who is a massage therapist - apparently I have done a number on myself so no heavy lifting (sorry baby..), no being on my feet too long and she told me to baby myself this week (yeah, RIGHT!)... So was feeling low and dipped into the yummy box of chocolates she gave me for Christmas present on the way home in the car!!!!!!!!! Had 3 pieces and didn't even enjoy as was feeling so bad I was eating them... icon_sad.gif
Soooooo, today my daughter and I went to the mall so I could push her in her stroller rather than carry her around to give my back a break - she was soo good and we were out today for almost 5 hours, and I walked almost the whole day - WITH resistance too, because pushing that stroller is no lightweight, LOL....! We shared a big greek salad for lunch with oil and vinegar and she nibbled on the whole grain roll, I didn't even eat much of that. Came home and took my ibuprofen, iced my back again and then vacuumed the house and cooked dinner and kicked a ball around the living room with my baby until she was ready for bedtime. Of course, I had a chocolate tonight, but considering how much I did today I don't feel so bad icon_lol.gif
Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a good night and sweet dreams...

springlakecake Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 1:20pm
post #94 of 2524

ladyofcake: Sorry your back is sore! Hope you feel better soon.

I did pretty good yesterday, but I made some pretzels covered with some almond bark for my son's holiday party this week. I mindlessly ate some. I need to be more careful. I need to get a big package of gum to keep me from doing that.

I am going to get ready to hit the gym this morning (I was going to go at 5:30 this morning, but when my alarm went off I was too tired icon_wink.gif ) My goal is to push myself on the treadmill today.

Today is a new day and I am feeling stong! Resist the tempatations! It's JUST food! Push myself during exercise! Who's with me?!?!?!?

2sdae Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 2:08pm
post #95 of 2524

I am hearing you both loud and clear! It's monday and we are starting anew! Congrats on all for getting through our first weekend! thumbs_up.gif
Now I weighed this morn and it says 124 so I think my scale may be off. thumbsdown.gif
Couldn't have gone down to 123 then next day back to 124. icon_rolleyes.gif At least I don't think. But I did cheat yesterday..... icon_redface.gif I had tortilla chips with chunky salsa, veggies though right? icon_wink.gif
Then I did have a piece of pizza and a few extra pepperonis that where yelling at me from the fridge.
And 1 piece of pound cake to boot.
But I did almost get all my water and I did eat 2 apples and a banana to curb my appetite in a healthy way.

So goals for today:
1. all water must be drank
2. no snitching on cake or chips
3. walk that mile girl!

So here we go girls........CHARGE!!!!!!!

springlakecake Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 4:00pm
post #96 of 2524

Yea! I just got back from the gym and ran faster than I think I ever have before, actually it wasnt that bad, I think I can do faster or longer tomorrow! While I was there I was watching dr. Phil. He had an update show and one guy was over weight. He told him that this other guy (who was short and bald) couldnt grow hair or grow taller, but HE could loose weight. I thought wow, simple but profound! We cant make ourselves grow taller, have bigger boobs (well not without surgery anyway!) but we have control of our weight and it's time to get healthy!

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 6:24pm
post #97 of 2524

ellantehalima - what town did you go to? I'm in the tri-cities and it sounds a little like Leavenworth, which we Love!

I'm doing good on my water and I just got back from the gym. That was hard today. I was up all night with the new puppy and all I really wanted to do was sleep...but I went and I'm so glad I did.

Keep up the good work ladies.

springlakecake Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 6:57pm
post #98 of 2524

I made a ticker! I thought maybe it would help to keep me accountable....

Rambo Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 8:34pm
post #99 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellantehalima

Rambo - Yes it was Leavenworth, we love going there. It is so much fun. My family has made it a tradition and we go every third weekend. In eleven years we have only missed going there one year. So where in Tri-Cities do you live?

I'm in W. Richland. Lived here my whole life (still deciding if thats good or bad) We went to the lighting festival last year, had to book the rooms in April, talk about planning ahead. It is a lot of fun, tons of food to sample, but you do compensate the food because you pretty much have to walk Everywhere because parking is impossible. My dh and I don't handle crowds too well. We spent our honeymoon there, Dec 28th (ten years ago). That was perfect for us, still snowy and all the Christmas stuff was up and lit, but everyone else in the world had gone home. icon_razz.gif

Well I better get back to puppie patrol icon_biggrin.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 8:50pm
post #100 of 2524

I almost got a ticker, too, Merissa, but it was too discouraging to start it with 0 lbs lost... I figured I'd wait a little bit!
Got to get serious again, haven't been able to work out because my back is acting up and it's been a rough day at work today cause we had a pot luck and there is SO MUCH good stuff here. (I can't even discuss the company dinner last night...) I won't lose heart though!! Tomorrow is another day...

4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 8:52pm
post #101 of 2524

I didn't do so well this weekend. I haven't been to the gym since tuesday or wednesday (can't remember). This is a crazy time of year! I am going today though.

To keep my self busy this weekend I painted my kitchen and dinning room. (Can't eat in there if it's wet paint! Plus I had to move the fridge & stove to paint behind them) I really think that's the longest I've ever spent in my kitchen without eating something.

Ok goals for this week are...
1. stay positive, I can do this!!!!
2. Drink more water, less Dr. Pepper
3. Go to the gym 4 times this week.
4. Sit down and plan out some healthy (or healthier) menus that my family will actually eat.

Rambo Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 9:12pm
post #102 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dollars

2. Drink more water, less Dr. Pepper

Mmmmm Dr. Pepper, the nectar of the gods. LOL (sorry no help am I)

I had to share. I put the puppy down for her nap and decided to go weigh in before I cut into the brownies I baked last night... Now I stated last Thursday I wasn't going to worry about food until after the Holidays but all weekend as I listed off all the totally yummy (fattening) stuff I wanted to eat (and I ate a fair share I'll admit) BUT I kept thinking of you all struggling along, and found myself finding other outlets for my cravings. So I didn't go totally off the deep end and most of this was subconciously done, until last night when I left the brownies untouched did I realize where my sudden self control was coming from.

Anyway back to just now on the scale......222.5. That's 2.5 lbs in 4 days all because in the back of my mind I knew I wasn't the only one struggling. Thank you ladies, I can't imagine what's going to happen once I start to think before I eat. icon_biggrin.gif

2sdae Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 9:20pm
post #103 of 2524

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO RAMBO thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 9:28pm
post #104 of 2524

Hey congratulations! That's great news! I think I am going to wait until Thursday to weigh in again. I hope I loose some!

So what's so great about Dr. Pepper everyone?? Everyone keeps bringing up Dr. Pepper. I have just never really liked it that much. Though I did try the diet and I thought it was pretty good for diet. Maybe it's a regional thing...I'd say people around here drink lots more Coke or Pepsi...maybe Mountain Dew (I dont like that either). I do like Coke, but i have now settled for all diet pop. I like the coke zero and I like diet rootbeer, fresca, Dt. Rite. I think pop was the easiest thing for me to give up over the last few years. Occasionally i have the real stuff and it is good though! I think I probably have the hardest time passing on pizza, burgers, fries. oh I love fries icon_rolleyes.gif

Okay I have to stop talking about eating. I am getting hungry. It will get easier to control the cravings once the diet has been desugared and defatted. I did the Dr Phil diet a few years ago (actually has worked best for me than any other program so far) and he said you actually get addicted to sugar and once you stop eating it, the cravings subside. I wish we werent all knee deep in sugar half the time.

2sdae Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 9:31pm
post #105 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Okay I have to stop talking about eating. I am getting hungry. It will get easier to control the cravings once the diet has been desugared and defatted. I did the Dr Phil diet a few years ago (actually has worked best for me than any other program so far) and he said you actually get addicted to sugar and once you stop eating it, the cravings subside. I wish we werent all knee deep in sugar half the time.

AMEN TO THAT!

4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 10:29pm
post #106 of 2524

I live off my Dr. Pepper in the morning. I like it because it's alot sweeter to me than other sodas. (I'm seriously sugar addicted!) I can't drink the kinds of diet soda's that have the artificial sweeteners in them, they trigger my migraines. Plus, I just don't like the taste of the fake stuff. If I'm going to attempt to eat something sweet, just let me have the real thing, the other stuff will just make me mad! icon_lol.gif

springlakecake Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 10:57pm
post #107 of 2524

Can you have splenda? I think that the Dt Rite is made with that.

Rambo Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 10:58pm
post #108 of 2524

See someone in the original thread said that diet soda didn't help, it made things worse, or something along those lines. When I was doing WW really good last year, a diet soda was a sugary sweet that didn't cost me any points, yet subsided the cravings. Anyone know what the theory was?

Now if they'd stop putting Starbucks on every corner, around here I may have some hope. I can drink my entire points for one day at that place.

Oh and 4dollars, I too am a Migraine sufferer and my one food trigger (lack of sleep and food and such is a given) but Orange Juice in any shape, form, or quantity will knock me flat on my a** for about two days. Hate to say it, but at least it wasn't Chocolate...I'd eat it and pop migraine medicine at the same time...some things I just can't go without. LOL icon_lol.gif

Ladyofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyofcake Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 12:54am
post #109 of 2524

Hey ladies, just wanted to let you know that my endocrinologist actually told me never to weigh in more than once a week (had me on a real strict diet when was trying to get pregnant, lost 34 lbs in 3 mos.!) as your body tends to bloat or retain water at certain times or depending on a lot of other factors the reading is not completely accurate, and it will only end up basically driving you nuts. That said, it is good that we weigh in but also not to go too crazy either, and not to feel too bad if it doesn't move too much, LOL... gradual is better.
His expectation was an average of 1 pound per week, if better great, but that is what was considered reasonable and healthy.
Just something you might find helpful... thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 12:39pm
post #110 of 2524

[quote="Rambo"]See someone in the original thread said that diet soda didn't help, it made things worse, or something along those lines. When I was doing WW really good last year, a diet soda was a sugary sweet that didn't cost me any points, yet subsided the cravings. Anyone know what the theory was?
quote]

I am sure the person who said that diet pop didnt help her was probably because it triggered her to want more sugary sweet things, as sugar does that. I think of diet pop as kind of a treat actually and I think I can get away with it too. Another thing that helps me, is those south beach diet bars. (like granola bars) They come in 100 calories and 140 calorie versions, and they have some protein and some fiber in them. Fiber is our friend! I like them, they are sweet and help to curb a craving. Better than eating a huge slab of cake I suppose!

shelbur10 Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 12:58pm
post #111 of 2524

Awesome job, Rambo!!
About the Dr. Pepper, I'm totally hooked to the diet version. I think because it is more carbonated than the average soda...I love the bubbles, LOL. BUT I have also found that if I stick totally to water, I don't miss it as much. I lack self control, if there were any sodas in the house, I would guzzle them all down instantly.

2sdae Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 1:24pm
post #112 of 2524

icon_redface.gif Hangs head in shame....I totally failed yesterday. I didn't get all my water down, ate 2 pieces of pound cake with white chocolate icing and couldn't get in my walk. icon_confused.gif
But today is a new day and I WILL get in my walk, I WILL drink my water and I WILL resist the cakes and icing .<helps all the pound cake is gone too! icon_wink.gif

Now for more baking as I have cakes due sat, sun, and monday.

Good luck girls...I am pullin for all of you! thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:08pm
post #113 of 2524

There's no shame, Tuesday. Perhaps I didn't mention that I indulged in a piece of chocolate cake with strawberry filling last night... a small piece, but still... the good thing is, we get a chance for a fresh start every day!!!

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:17pm
post #114 of 2524

Great job Rambo! I am not losing any this week, but not gaining either. But we'll see what the scale says on Thursday. I was very bad on Sunday and ate A LOT of leftover birthday cake icon_redface.gif I was doing fine until I actually had a piece, then I couldn't stop. Sundays are the worst days for me because all we do is sit around and watch football and eat. I didn't really have anything else that was bad on Sunday, just lots of cake. I keep telling myself that if I can make it through Christmas, I'll start to do much better. I have been exercising and drinking my water, and I think that has definitely helped me not to gain.

I think the reason diet soda is "bad" or not helpful is because it has a lot of sodium in it, so you retain water.

-Lisa

2sdae Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:37pm
post #115 of 2524

I know this is totally off the topic and all but I just noticed on my responses some how there is a nominate me tab? What is that and how did it get there? I didn't sign up for anything or enter a cake in a contest or anything? icon_eek.gif

Rambo Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:15pm
post #116 of 2524

I didn't have a nominate me thing until I nominated someone for the spotlight. My guess is, if you choose to participate then you choose to be nominated(?) Though then how did they get the first person nominated? Hmmm Too tired to think straight, I just know I got the little button after I clicked on someone elses. (((Big Yawn))) Time for Tea and Oatmeal, as Merissa said "fiber is our friend" and a good jolt of caffeine is the only way I'm getting thru today. thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:18pm
post #117 of 2524

I think once you hit a certain amount of posts you can be nominated for the spotlight or whatever. It's just automatic.

Hey guys, if you thought you could never have a piece of cake again, then you would never succeed with a diet. So it shouldnt be 'bad' to have a treat now and then, we just can't go overboard when we are trying to loose weight. I did the body for life program last year, and while I didnt loose weight as fast, it is something I think I will try again. He gives you one day off a week to eat whatever you want, for the reason I said before. I was doing so well on the diet last year (and it was really fun to have the day off to eat what you wanted and NOT feel guilty about it) but I got mono for a month and totally got out of my routine for eating and exercising.

So dont feel bad, just get back on the horse and keep trying.

Rambo Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:32pm
post #118 of 2524

I read that book, Body for Life. I tried the diet but the food list was hard for me. I'm great at planning things but not so great at carrying out the plan. I also liked what he said about working out, the idea isn't to eventually be at the gym for 10 hours, work harder for shorter spurts and be done (obviously I'm paraphrasing)

Even when I was doing WW I'd pick one day and not count my points. After awhile your in a routine so my basic food intake even on "splurge" day wasn't that bad but I could eat treats and not wash it down with a side of guilt. I'm an emotional eater if I decide to feel guilty over one piece of cake then I'll decide I already feel bad enough, might as well have three. I hit a plateau for three weeks running and that's when it all fell apart. Since I already felt bad I decided to eat wrong too. Sorry slipped into self analyzation mode, another bad habit of mine.

Tallulah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallulah Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:32pm
post #119 of 2524

Hi guys! I've had no time to sit in front of a computer! With work and holiday shopping, I couldn't get a moment in!

so let's go through the days I missed.

1. Sunday - BAD!!! Drank all my water, although that has never been a problem. Went to the movies and DH bought me a Pepsi. A Pepsi guys! Anyone who knows me knows that I am a Pepsi addict! An addict I tell you! I can't resist the stuff so I had to ban it from my home. My neighbors house too if they would let me. Well, I had the whole 20 oz because what the hell right? Then I had a medium bag of popcorn and half a box of M&M's. I felt so guilty! icon_cry.gif

2. Monday - Monday was pretty good. I got some walking done, drank all my water and had a healthy breakfast (oatmeal, love it! Fiber is your friend) Healthy lunch and dinner. I did bake 4 dozen oatmeal raising cookies and I had to test them out, because my tester (my son) was asleep by the time they were ready. I was good, I had a cookie and a half.

Today, so far I've had my oatmeal and two glasses of water, and it's only 10:30 here! So my goals for today are

1. Keep away from those oatmeal raisin cookies
2. Walk, walk, walk
3. Keep away from the Pepsi!

shelbur10 Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:47pm
post #120 of 2524

When I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago, I faithfully ate a big greasy cheeseburger and fries once a week, my reasoning being it shocked my body into losing weight. Utter rubbish, but it never hindered my weight loss and it took care of my grease craving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%