Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 3:55pm
post #541 of 2524

Don't feel bad. I made hot wings and honey bar b que wings last night and ate like 10 of them at 8 pm!!! Way too ate to be munchin but I had to taste them and then taste them and then taste them. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif So I deff need to make this a no cheat monday, tuesday and wed. But with all of us pulling for eachother and challenging eachother WE GOT THIS GIRLS!!!!!!

So my challenge to you all is to make this your best week on accomplishing your weekly goals with all you've got. If you feel like you need help run for us...we're here!!! thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 7:06pm
post #542 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

Okay, this is my week...I'm going to get serious about those fat cells this week!! I've finally finished the course of steriods (for now) so maybe I can stop eating everything in sight!! The weekend wasn't so bad, although I did have a piece of my mom's birthday cake. BUT we're having a surprise party for my dad's birthday in 2 weeks, and DH told me to buy a new outfit for it...I want to buy a smaller size!!
RUN FAT CELLS RUN!

Fun! I wish my husband would tell me to go out and shop! Though he doesnt tell me not to either, so I guess I shouldnt complain. That will be a good goal for you! I still have valentines day on the brain, but that is only 2 weeks away too! Also a babyshower Feb. 24, I was hoping to go buy something special if I could loose some weight.

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 7:36pm
post #543 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellantehalima

I have decided to start weighiing and measuring my food again to remind myself what the portion sizes look like again.

That's a really good idea. I need to get a food scale - I saw one at Target last week but didn't get it. It's really hard to know what a correct portion size is. I started measuring my cereal in the mornings, but that's easy to do with a measuring cup. I remember reading somewhere that one serving size of meat should be the size of a deck of cards, but weighing is so much more accurate.

-Lisa

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 8:35pm
post #544 of 2524

Well I'm a little late checking in today. Sat up in bed at 8:00 and just about had a heart attack. icon_eek.gif 8 AM no way, icon_eek.gif all of my alarm clocks chose to sleep in today. Both kids, and the puppy sound asleep, and DH was much too quiet this morning. I had 1/2 an hour to shower, dress, eat and get the kids out the door. I made it. Banana, whole wheat toast and a Big water bottle in hand. If I hadn't stashed some almonds and a spare water bottle I'd be at McDonalds right now, but I had the foresight yesterday to plan ahead.

Anyway I drank 96oz of water and walked a brisk mile yesterday and felt great. I did pretty good all weekend until my DH decided to make the slice and bake sugar cookies in the fridge (bought in a weak moment when children were shopping with me) So he baked them up and I ate one - Eeeww. So I got out a can of frosting trying to make them better - DOUBLE EEeewww. How I ever used to eat that stuff I'll never know.

So I am back on track and hoping for great results come Thursday. Good luck to us all thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 10:06pm
post #545 of 2524

I feel like I had a bad weekend but I'm thinking back on it now and I wasn't awful. I think my problem is that I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping so I'm having even more trouble getting up in the morning to exercise before I go to work. I plan to hit the eliptical tonight while dinner is in the oven. Fresh salmon, cous couse and fresh green beans. I wouldn't know (weight wise) what a serving size is. Sad isn't it? My hubby bought me a food scale and it's really fancy and great but I never really know what I'm suppose to be aiming for. I should look that up, but not right now because I'm going to be late to pick up my baby from daycare and that is just no good at all. Gotta run.

I'm hoping for a great week for us ladies - no whammies no whammies!

Rambo Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 10:10pm
post #546 of 2524

Had to share a personaly victory. Just had a serious PMS craving of chocolate and salt. So off to the kitchen I go looking for some nutrious substitute but stopped with the box of Sugar Free Pudding and asked myself if I was hungry. I had finished lunch only 1.5 hrs ago and have had so much water I'm surprise I haven't sprung a leak. So back went the pudding and on went the Yoga pants - Yes at 225 I can do yoga, this still astounds me. So I did my mini flow practice that I found in one of my books yesterday but craving wasn't gone SO....I boogied. 15 more minutes of funky dance aerobics and I'm good. I can hold out until my PM snack in an hour (fruit smoothy and boring Popcorn (no salt or butter) AND you know what helped, I knew if I could over come this I could sit down and tell all of you how good I was icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif YAY!!

2sdae Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 1:14am
post #547 of 2524

GO RAMBO & IMTRYING GO GIRLS!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 1:15am
post #548 of 2524

Feels good doesnt it! Cravings are fleeting but the guilt seems to last forever.

TerriLea1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLea1993 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 11:13am
post #549 of 2524

You did Great Rambo!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif I did ten minutes of exercise yesterday. But I eat so many granola bars I could become one. I have my ten year high school reunion in June and I would love to lose this tire around my belly. I plan on putting my little girl in gymnastics and I want to be able to run and jump with her. So how long before I can do what a four year old can do???????? icon_biggrin.gif It sounds like everyone is ready for this week. I am siked about the weigh in, FIRST TIME!!!!!! Good luck today girls, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 1:34pm
post #550 of 2524

TerriLea, if you find a way to get as much energy as a four year old, please clue me in!! LOL My 4 yo DS eats nonstop and you can still see his ribs...man, I wish I had his metabolism!!
Great job resisting temptations, everyone! We're getting better and better...before long, this is going to be the "We can afford to eat cake because we're so darn thin" Club!!

springlakecake Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 1:40pm
post #551 of 2524

So I got my bikini photos off of my camera and onto the comperter. Let's just say I need some serious work before summer icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif ! I think whenever I think I "need" a cupcake, I will just come and look at these pictures and it will be enough to stop me! I am looking forward to taking pics again in 3 weeks or so and i will hope for some improvement in the bulges. I am still feeling really positive about my routine this week. I was planning to hit the gym this am, but my ds is coughing so I feel bad taking him to the childcare. I should have gotten up early, but we are getting so much lake effect snow that I thought the roads might be dicey. I will try and burn some calories another way.

springlakecake Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 1:41pm
post #552 of 2524
Quote:

"We can afford to eat cake because we're so darn thin" Club!!

Love it! I cant wait to join that club!!

2sdae Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 3:23pm
post #553 of 2524

My quote for the day to keep me from snitching a bad snack is:
Eat what is necessary to live, not live to unnecessarily eat!
This I shall have tattooed on my forehead and hands so I don't miss it!!!!
I did pretty good yesterday till DH came into the living room with a big ol chunk of white almond sour cream cake with champagne icing. I almost drooled all the way to the kitchen for a simi-small piece. icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif
But I guess that's too bad. That's the first real boo-boo unless you count the red- hot chicken wings I had sunday night! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif See why I need this club!!! thumbs_up.gif

imtrying Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 3:25pm
post #554 of 2524

Well, I did my eliptical last night AND I jumped rope. I'm sure not a pleasant sight but since it was me, alone in the basement I thought what the heck, it's good exercise and I wanted to push myself.

Way to resist the snacking, that skill is on my "to do" list.

bluehen92 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 3:29pm
post #555 of 2524
Quote:

My 4 yo DS eats nonstop and you can still see his ribs...man, I wish I had his metabolism!!

My 4 year old son is the same way - I'm jealous! He eats A LOT, all day long, and is still 50th percentile for weight. He's tall, 95th percentile for height, so I'm guessing he's going to take after his daddy (I hope). It's a good thing they have snack in school because I don't think he could go so long without eating!

I always worry about DD though, because she seems to have gotten my metabolism genes. She's not heavy yet, and I try my best to keep her active (she swims and likes to walk on the treadmill), but I'm scared that once puberty hits she's going to start getting big like I did icon_mad.gif

-Lisa

Rambo Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:00pm
post #556 of 2524

Okay you all started talking about your kids and it rekindle my anger with my mother last night so here's a vent. She has this little girl she's cared for from infancy (mom's a nurse) any way she no longer cares for her but they bonded and she has become a "cousin" of sorts. So we're at Micky D's last night with all the kids and the little munchkin falls down and starts to cry and my mom says, "come on we'll get a cookie that'll make it better" Uuuurrrrgggghhh icon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gif Nothing like suddenly realizing why you think chocolate is the cure all.

On a happier note I resisted a cookie - offered by my mother tapedshut.gif and had a grilled chicken salad with about 1/4 the dressing packet for dinner and once again 96oz of water for the day. These are major victories for me as at some point the stress of all those kids screaming would have drove me to eat. I've also suddenly had this thought, Yesturday wasn't bad, if I can stick to it one day then what's one more. Like in group therapy (well what I've seen in movies icon_wink.gif ) - take it one day at a time. thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:12pm
post #557 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen92

I always worry about DD though, because she seems to have gotten my metabolism genes.

-Lisa

I know what you mean, Lisa. My 7 year old daughter tends to get a little belly right before she hits a growth spurt. I just try to educate her about making healthy choices...without preaching. I try with both of my kids to help them make the right choices and still have 'treats'. My mom has always had weight problems and my sister and I grew up with bad habits. Even though I don't set the best example, I do try to have healthy options for them and help them learn to "eat to live, not live to eat"

TerriLea1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLea1993 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:41pm
post #558 of 2524

WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! I am doing good so far this morning. I am in good spirits and hearing everyone elses story is getting me going. I never thought about taking pictures of myself and posting them so I won't eat.... I think I might try that one. Rambo i know what you mean, my Mom is the same way.... Comfort food, and i am an emotional eater.... When I am upset here the Pepsi and the cookies, or pie and brownies, etc..... I am doing good though I have gotten past one comfort food, the Big mac. I can't eat one now, it makes me feel really bad, not guilty, physically ill and so I can't eat it anymore. And I try to get my kids to eat better and it helps me to not eat cookies for breakfast.... Stay strong girls, we can do this.... I liked the We're so thin so we get to eat cake club......

2sdae Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:58pm
post #559 of 2524

I am totally resisting the BIG urge to go in my kitchen and eat a big ol slice of that wasc cake that keeps calling after me!!!! birthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gif
I am trying to stay busy doing house work and cleaning out the fridge with left overs that have morphed into their own little worlds....GROSS! If you can eat while doing that yuck! Although I probably could if I really wanted to! icon_rolleyes.gif I am so proud of the awesome efforts everyone is displaying here today... thumbs_up.gif
KEEP GOING GIRLS...WE'VE GOTTEM ON THE RUN...BAD FAT CELLS, BAD!!!!

springlakecake Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 5:08pm
post #560 of 2524

[quote="2sdae"]I am totally resisting the BIG urge to go in my kitchen and eat a big ol slice of that wasc cake that keeps calling after me!!!! birthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gif
quote]

Wrap it up and stick it in the freezer! At least you wont be looking at it, plus the defrosting gives you time to change your mind!

2sdae Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 5:31pm
post #561 of 2524

I would but by leaving it on the counter my dh and dds will devour it quicker and plus I just went to grocery and there is absolutely no room in freezer at moment...I think those fat cells are forming a rise up[ against me...ploting they are! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bluehen92 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 6:46pm
post #562 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

I am totally resisting the BIG urge to go in my kitchen and eat a big ol slice of that wasc cake that keeps calling after me!!!!

I hear ya! I'm resisting NFSCookies & two little brownies that are left in the kitchen. I just got off the treadmill & ate my apple and am trying to convince myself that I don't need another snack. I think I'll paint my toenails.

-Lisa

springlakecake Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 7:32pm
post #563 of 2524

I am having my snack now. Celery sticks with Laughing Cow Cheese light. It is actually pretty yummy. Cake of course sounds better!

imtrying Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 7:32pm
post #564 of 2524

If we are talking about resisting, I have the story of the day. We (my work) apparently are coming up with new idea's for ice cream and there are a bunch of the samples in our freezer to try. Um, hello, my name is Shannon and I am addicted to ice cream. Seriously, and the flavors that are in there sound GOOD! I will be honest, I tried the cinnabon one (small taste) but it was low fat so I didn't feel too bad about it. Just doing my duty for the company!

shelbur10 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 7:58pm
post #565 of 2524

Be strong Shannon, you can resist!! I have one cream filled, ganache frosted chocolate cupcake in my kitchen...I refuse to touch it. It's been taunting me since last night, when I saved it for DH...he didn't eat it. Maybe I'll let the kids split it when they get home from school. They're so much better than me, they'd rather have cheese or yogurt than sweets! But I'm not touching that cupcake...I'm inspired! We are kicking those fat cells to the curb today!!

imtrying Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 10:03pm
post #566 of 2524

I've been sitting at my desk all afternoon, staying away from the freezer. Boy, that cupcake you have taunting you sure sounds yummy Shellie. I haven't made a cake since before Christmas and my dh has been whinning about not having any cake around, he's as bad as the kids. I'm going away for four days the weekend after next so maybe I'll make him a cake while I'm away so that I wont have to worry about eating any of it and he can drown his loneliness for me in cake!

Rambo Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 10:06pm
post #567 of 2524

If you're in the middle of a weak moment stay away from the thread about chocolate. She posted a link to Godiva recipes, complete with pictures. I may have to hunt up the gum or rinse with Listerine, that one almost did me in.

springlakecake Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 10:22pm
post #568 of 2524

yeah we might have to ban the tantalizing talk of our cakes and creative goodies here! lol! icon_lol.gif It might drive me to the cake! Just kidding I have lots of will power this week!

bluehen92 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 11:48pm
post #569 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtrying

We (my work) apparently are coming up with new idea's for ice cream and there are a bunch of the samples in our freezer to try.

OMG Shannon, where do you work and are you hiring???? Hang in there thumbs_up.gif

-Lisa

Rambo Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:25am
post #570 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen92

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtrying

We (my work) apparently are coming up with new idea's for ice cream and there are a bunch of the samples in our freezer to try.

OMG Shannon, where do you work and are you hiring???? Hang in there thumbs_up.gif

-Lisa

LOL I thought the same thing when I read that. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%