Rambo Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:44am

Okay ladies I was reading the headlines on the internet when I stumbled on this. Wait till you see what their basic diet consists of. See it's not that you can't have cake, you just have to triple your daily activity. icon_eek.gificon_razz.gif

http://health.msn.com/guides/weightloss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100153227&GT1=8921

imtrying Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 12:55pm

Alright, here it is weigh in day. I just got finished getting ready for work and had to talk myself into getting on the scale. I didn't know what would be waiting for me but it's part of the deal with all of us so on the scale I went. I couldn't believe it, I lost 2.5 pounds! I really have been working hard all week and doing better about snacking the last couple days, I'm so excited!

Goals for next week remain the same, water, exercise and smart thoughtful snacking.

Can't wait to hear all of your good news . . .

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:15pm

Hi everyone...Weigh in time!

Start weight 150.8 Today's weight 149.2 Total: 1.6

So I lost 1 pound this week, better than nothing I suppose. I worked pretty hard this week, I wish it had been more! Keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

This weeks goals:

1. Drink 64 ounces water daily: MET
2. Stick to my diet plan 7 out of 7 days, but allow myself a piece of my son's 4th birthday cake (batman!) on Sunday.: SO CLOSE!
3. Exercise 4 times, 2 of which include weight lifting:MET
4. No eating from my kids plates unless it is vegetables (That doesnt mean fries or potato chips icon_cry.gif ): SO CLOSE
5. Loose 1-2 pounds by next weigh in:MET
6. Complete the challenges that I post for the group.: SO CLOSE!

I took my photos last night. Not too bad, but boy I rarely see myself from the back...needs work! Not ready for swim suit season! I also tried on pants this morning, not as tight as I though they would feel. I did pretty good on the challenges and met them except for the diet part, I was really close though.

This weeks goals
1. Follow phase 1 of south beach diet-no cheating!
2. Drink 64 ounces of water daily
3. Exercise 3-4 times
4. Loose 1-2 pounds and never get above 150 pounds again!

I would like to name my successor as Tuesday if she isnt in a coma by now from lack of food.

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:17pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo

Okay ladies I was reading the headlines on the internet when I stumbled on this. Wait till you see what their basic diet consists of. See it's not that you can't have cake, you just have to triple your daily activity. icon_eek.gificon_razz.gif

http://health.msn.com/guides/weightloss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100153227&GT1=8921

I guess you cant have your cake and eat it too, or so they say!

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:30pm

icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_wink.gif Feeling slightly emaciated but otherwise fine!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
No I am surviving just fine here. I got my scale and I was up to 130 last week but now am down to 127. But I can't really take credit for that. This fast has seen to that loss. But fortified juices and a total of 4 0z. of sharp cheddar cubes and 3 strawberries and 3 oz. of plain popcorn are heard to gain weight on. NOT A RECOMMENDED DIET PLAN!!!! icon_eek.gif This week Ladies let's focus on our exercises and being very aware of what we put in our mouth every time. Right down to sugarless gum and diet sodas. Everything counts and everything has a consequence wether it is a pleasant one or not so pleasant. So this week let's get those legs moving, buns jogging or running or what ever exercise you feel is appropriate. If we get this moving as a habit we will be little miss hotties by summer for sure! thumbs_up.gif

So my goals for the week:
1. exercise at least 4 times.
2. Get back to eating healthily<after friday when fast ends>
3. be the best cheer section I can be for all!

LET'S GET THOSE FAT CELLS ON THE RUN GIRLS, WE GOT THIS!!!!!

bluehen92 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:41pm

I was dreading getting on the scale this morning because I snacked a little more than I wanted to last week. BUT, I lost 3 pounds!

Start weight - 170. Last week - 165. Today - 162. I was pretty impressed icon_biggrin.gif Total 8 pounds lost.

I'm keeping my goals pretty much the same for this week:
Treadmill 5 times, lift weights 2 times (only lifted once last week)
NO MINDLESS SNACKING
Drink water when I feel the need to snack

I haven't tried on my skinny(er) jeans yet today, but I will after I shower & see how far I have to go.

-Lisa

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:49pm

Good job everyone! Everyone seems to be having a successful week! Keep it up!!!

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:52pm

We should all give ourselves and eachother a big round of applause for our continued effort and keeping ourselves in the game! We may slip up but we get up and keep on going..... party.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifthumbs_up.gif

imtrying Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:05pm

We are awesome! That's nine and a half pounds so far and we haven't even heard from everyone yet.

Good job everyone, I'm very proud of all of us for sticking to it (as much as we can), leaning on each other for support and celebrating in our victories.

We are on a roll now, we are sure to be whole new people by summer.

bluehen92 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:44pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtrying

I couldn't believe it, I lost 2.5 pounds! I really have been working hard all week and doing better about snacking the last couple days, I'm so excited!.

Great job! It's so nice when you can see that all your hard work is paying off thumbs_up.gif

-Lisa

bluehen92 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:48pm

Skinny jeans update - I only have two sizes of jeans, the size I'm wearing now, and one size smaller. I just tried on three pairs of smaller jeans, and they all zipped and buttoned icon_eek.gif They're still tight around the waist, especially when I sit down, but maybe in another two weeks???

-Lisa

P.S. I'm hungry...I need my water bottle!!

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:04pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen92

Skinny jeans update - I only have two sizes of jeans, the size I'm wearing now, and one size smaller. I just tried on three pairs of smaller jeans, and they all zipped and buttoned icon_eek.gif They're still tight around the waist, especially when I sit down, but maybe in another two weeks???

-Lisa

Awesome! We will begin to love the feeling of our pants falling down! I really hope I can loose some weight so I can feel like i can shop again. I havent bought myself many new things in the past year because I have always been hoping to loose some weight. I really need some new clothes!!

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:38pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen92

-Lisa

YAY!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif
Grab that water!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Rambo Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:46pm

Well you all did GREAT this week. I on the other hand gained back 1lb - I weighed in at 222 this morning. But on the upside it could have been 5lbs with how hard I hit bottom last week.

It is a new week and I actually slept all night without the assistance of cold medicine so I think it's probably safe to start exercising again. I've decided squeezing in the gym/showering/dressing/drying etc...is NOT how I want to spend what little time I have without the kids and it is way too tempting to skip if that's what my plan is. SO...It's aerobics and dance tapes in the living room for a little while. Like I said yesterday, it's hard to convince yourself you don't have time to stand in your living room and dance around.

Goals this week:
Move - be it 10 minutes 3x's a day or 30 all at once
WATER!!!!
Back to the food journal and eating plan

I have also come up with a reward system. Works for my kids so what the heck. If I can reach my goals every two weeks (which are paydays)I'm going for a Pedicure or a Manicure to reward my hard work. If I can go two Months I'm splurging for a full body massage. Just a little carrot dangling out there to keep me motivated icon_lol.gif

Go team Go! thumbs_up.gif

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:56pm

Rambo, don't feel bad about gaining. Whe we started this I was 125 then went up to 130 and just now got back down to 127 only because I have been on this fast for church! icon_rolleyes.gif
But like I said earlier we may stuble but we get right back up and keep on goin..... thumbs_up.gif
Oh, and I totally agree with a goal and reward for achieving it. I myself am a lover or rewarding accomplishments.

Quote for today:
"A MINUTE ON THE LIPS, A LIFETIME ON THE HIPS!" < Not for us, we will shrink those hips, thighs and tummies!!!!!

shelbur10 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:05pm

Good morning, sorry I'm so late this morning!! Sounds like everyone had a FANTASTIC week!! Well, I have a no news is good news reports, I guess. I had a very tough week, but I didn't gain any, I'm holding steady. I had a hard time with all of my goals except my daily water intake. I NEED to get serious and conquer this block I'm having. I've been on steroids for a few weeks now and I am STARVING all the time. I am going to turn to my water this week to help me out.

This weeks gain/loss - 0 lbs
Goals for the week: keep drinking water; keep portion sizes small; drink water when snack urge hits; start the food journal already! (this one scares me...)

ellantehalima Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 5:27pm

Congratulations everyone on their losses. Rambo, I am in the same boat as you. I have had a slight cold so haven't felt up to par. I also haven't been as good with my food choices and my water intake this week. So it showed on the scale this morning. The scale wasn't too bad but it was still up .4 lbs. So here are the results: today - 165.0 starting weight - 169.8 total weight loss - 4.8 lbs.

As for my goals last week:
1. Exercise 5 days. - Met
2. Drink 64-72 oz of water. - Not good on the weekend
3. Find solution to afternoon snacking. Not even close
4. Don't keep sampling buttercream for Alex's cake. Met - didn't sample it near like I would have done.

New goals for this week:
1. Walk 5 times a week and start adding cardio and weights at least twice.
2. Drink at least 64 oz on the weekend.
3. Again work on finding solution to afternoon snacking.

This Saturday I am definitely going to take my measurements. I have been walking every week day since the 3rd and I think I have started toning up. I was able to wear a t-shirt this morning that was tight a couple of months ago. YEA!!!

Ok it is time for me to really get committed again to my new lifestlye.

Allright everyone lets keep up our good work and let's show those fat cells whose boss. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 6:25pm

Everyone is so positive today! Great job! I think we all need a good attitude in order to achieve our goals. If you are not feeling particularly positive I think our club is a great way to get back in the mood. I find myself coming here to check messages a lot when I am feeling like I want to eat something I shouldnt. I am often able to talk myself out of it when I read all of the positive messages. This morning too, I almost didnt get out of my cozy bed to go to the gym. But I started feeling guilty that I wouldnt meet my exercise goal if I didnt. I am really feeling accountable!!

Hey Shellie,
I really dont know much about steroids and how they must be affecting your body (like you said it make you feel hungry) but have you looked into foods that are supposed to make you feel full longer? I wonder if that would help at all? Like high fiber things, low carbs, low sugar, even some healthy fats (like olive oil), lean proteins? Just a thought.

shelbur10 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:05pm

I did dig into a bowl of Cheerios last night when I was feeling hungry and that seemed to stick with me. I'm just trying to hang in there, I will be done with the meds pretty soon. I'm just grateful I haven't started gaining yet!! I'm tempted to ask my dr. if I can take an appetite suppressant with them, but I'm already taking so many other things, I can barely keep track of them!! icon_confused.gif Don't want to stress my system any more than I have to!

bluehen92 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:06pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Hey Shellie,I really dont know much about steroids and how they must be affecting your body

Steroids also make you retain water icon_mad.gif

-Lisa

shelbur10 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:41pm

I didn't know that...that's great news!! Maybe I didn't do as bad as I thought...

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 9:51pm

O.K. guys do me a favor and when you get a chance glance at my newest cake. I need opinions. I am supposed to take this cake to our church's new building celebration tomorrow. It's my first big cake It's 12x16x3. For reason today after I had crumb coated it yesterday it sunk in the middle! I have no time to make another and am scared to take it looking like it is. I am just shaking I am so upset. But on the bright side I still have not cheated today at all!!!! YAY!!!!

springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 11:45pm

It looks awesome! So smooth! What type of alphabet cutters did you use? I have been wanting to get some.

I will bet everyone will devour it, they are all pretty hungry I will bet!

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 11:48pm

those are FMM tappits...I know I will for sure after 5 days!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

shelbur10 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:09pm

It looks great, Tuesday. I don't know how on earth you got that BC so perfect! I can Viva mine all day long and it still doesn't look that good!

2sdae Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:26pm

Thank you guys I feel a little better about it. icon_rolleyes.gif I used the melvira method and the viva method together and it was the best smoothing job i have ever done. icon_biggrin.gif Now if the darn middle didn't sag I would have felt it was one of my best cakes. icon_rolleyes.gif
O.K Ladies, for today we shall get them buns moving and fat cells on the run! We are all doing so good and the weekend is upon us. So let's keep those food journals goin and if ya need help we are always here.

FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 3:19pm

Well tonight shouldnt be too much of a problem for me because I wont be able to go out to dinner. I am meeting a lady at the joann store tonight because it looks like I am going to be an instructor there. I am kinda nervous because I dont really like for people to watch me make cakes becasue I am soooooo messy. Anywho...my mom and dad invited me over for dinner tomorrow. My mom cooks pretty healthy, but it hard not to be in control of is prepared. She always serves dessert too. Especially since I started doing the south beach diet. I lost 1.2 pounds since yesterday icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif . Dont know if it is a fluke or the south beach diet. I hope it is the diet. He says in the book the first 2 weeks that you should loose 8-13 pounds. I am a little skeptical, but hopeful. but in order to really know, I guess I cant be cheating!!

shelbur10 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 3:42pm

well, Merissa, maybe you're messy when you're decorating, but the final product is always fantastic! Good luck with teaching!
It sounds like the diet is going good so far...keep up the great work!

2sdae Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:45pm

Well we made it though friday ladies! Now for this cold ol saturday! icon_eek.gif And I have good news, I made through my fast and have survived! icon_lol.gif Man do I have new appreciation for anyone who doesn't have enough to eat, that is a really rough road. Just think, alot of people scrounge to have enough food and here we are complaining about our "fat cells" because we have too much! icon_redface.gificon_cool.gif Made me embarrassed just thinking about it. Maybe we need to focus this weekend on trying to do something to raise our awareness of this hunger epidemic here in our own areas and see what lack of food can do. Can you just imagine having to send your child to school hungry because you had no food? And then knowing he/she may come home to no dinner also? icon_surprised.gif I am thinking on buying some extra things at grocery today and making a cake and taking some personal items to our local family shelter. This isn't going to solve these issues but at least I can do this with my kids and show them something other than cake for party or birthday. Give these people something pretty to see and eat and just have something nice to look at for a minute. Maybe cupcakes done up for valentines day. Probably better for the shelter to distribute vs a cake to cut. But I just wanted to share my food thoughts with you guys for a minute. Hope evryone's weekend is going well and I'm here cheering us all along!!!!! Now where did I put those pom poms and outfit to match???? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

springlakecake Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 7:28pm

I know tuesday, you are totally right. I think about how lucky I am a lot to have a nice family, nice home, food to eat. Probably dont think about it enough though, and I should give more.

I did well with my eating yesterday and I lost another 1.2 pounds! Amazing. I am still a little skeptical but the book did SAY you would loose 8-13 pounds in two weeks. I am still pretty hopeful and I am excited to actually see some progress that I am sticking to it!

Bad news is that I think I might be coming down with something. Suddenly my throat is hurting icon_cry.gif . My husband says that I say that a lot and it never turns into anything. He could be right! I hope so, I dont feel like being sick really.

Good luck the rest of the weekend friends. Congrats Tuesday on sticking out your fast. I couldnt have done it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%