Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 9:51pm
post #511 of 2524

O.K. guys do me a favor and when you get a chance glance at my newest cake. I need opinions. I am supposed to take this cake to our church's new building celebration tomorrow. It's my first big cake It's 12x16x3. For reason today after I had crumb coated it yesterday it sunk in the middle! I have no time to make another and am scared to take it looking like it is. I am just shaking I am so upset. But on the bright side I still have not cheated today at all!!!! YAY!!!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 11:45pm
post #512 of 2524

It looks awesome! So smooth! What type of alphabet cutters did you use? I have been wanting to get some.

I will bet everyone will devour it, they are all pretty hungry I will bet!

2sdae Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 11:48pm
post #513 of 2524

those are FMM tappits...I know I will for sure after 5 days!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:09pm
post #514 of 2524

It looks great, Tuesday. I don't know how on earth you got that BC so perfect! I can Viva mine all day long and it still doesn't look that good!

2sdae Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:26pm
post #515 of 2524

Thank you guys I feel a little better about it. icon_rolleyes.gif I used the melvira method and the viva method together and it was the best smoothing job i have ever done. icon_biggrin.gif Now if the darn middle didn't sag I would have felt it was one of my best cakes. icon_rolleyes.gif
O.K Ladies, for today we shall get them buns moving and fat cells on the run! We are all doing so good and the weekend is upon us. So let's keep those food journals goin and if ya need help we are always here.

FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 3:19pm
post #516 of 2524

Well tonight shouldnt be too much of a problem for me because I wont be able to go out to dinner. I am meeting a lady at the joann store tonight because it looks like I am going to be an instructor there. I am kinda nervous because I dont really like for people to watch me make cakes becasue I am soooooo messy. Anywho...my mom and dad invited me over for dinner tomorrow. My mom cooks pretty healthy, but it hard not to be in control of is prepared. She always serves dessert too. Especially since I started doing the south beach diet. I lost 1.2 pounds since yesterday icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif . Dont know if it is a fluke or the south beach diet. I hope it is the diet. He says in the book the first 2 weeks that you should loose 8-13 pounds. I am a little skeptical, but hopeful. but in order to really know, I guess I cant be cheating!!

shelbur10 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 3:42pm
post #517 of 2524

well, Merissa, maybe you're messy when you're decorating, but the final product is always fantastic! Good luck with teaching!
It sounds like the diet is going good so far...keep up the great work!

2sdae Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:45pm
post #518 of 2524

Well we made it though friday ladies! Now for this cold ol saturday! icon_eek.gif And I have good news, I made through my fast and have survived! icon_lol.gif Man do I have new appreciation for anyone who doesn't have enough to eat, that is a really rough road. Just think, alot of people scrounge to have enough food and here we are complaining about our "fat cells" because we have too much! icon_redface.gificon_cool.gif Made me embarrassed just thinking about it. Maybe we need to focus this weekend on trying to do something to raise our awareness of this hunger epidemic here in our own areas and see what lack of food can do. Can you just imagine having to send your child to school hungry because you had no food? And then knowing he/she may come home to no dinner also? icon_surprised.gif I am thinking on buying some extra things at grocery today and making a cake and taking some personal items to our local family shelter. This isn't going to solve these issues but at least I can do this with my kids and show them something other than cake for party or birthday. Give these people something pretty to see and eat and just have something nice to look at for a minute. Maybe cupcakes done up for valentines day. Probably better for the shelter to distribute vs a cake to cut. But I just wanted to share my food thoughts with you guys for a minute. Hope evryone's weekend is going well and I'm here cheering us all along!!!!! Now where did I put those pom poms and outfit to match???? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

springlakecake Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 7:28pm
post #519 of 2524

I know tuesday, you are totally right. I think about how lucky I am a lot to have a nice family, nice home, food to eat. Probably dont think about it enough though, and I should give more.

I did well with my eating yesterday and I lost another 1.2 pounds! Amazing. I am still a little skeptical but the book did SAY you would loose 8-13 pounds in two weeks. I am still pretty hopeful and I am excited to actually see some progress that I am sticking to it!

Bad news is that I think I might be coming down with something. Suddenly my throat is hurting icon_cry.gif . My husband says that I say that a lot and it never turns into anything. He could be right! I hope so, I dont feel like being sick really.

Good luck the rest of the weekend friends. Congrats Tuesday on sticking out your fast. I couldnt have done it.

2sdae Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 8:03pm
post #520 of 2524

O.K Merissa, now I am jealous! Another 1.5lbs! I may need to try that southbeach thing! I keep seeing these frozen dinners made especially for the followers of the southbeach diet, maybe I'll buy up some, our kroger has them on sale for for around 2.oo a pop and that would make what to cook and portion control a whole lot easier for me too. HHHMMM, what the basis for that southbeach diet? Do you like it and is it realatively easy to follow?

springlakecake Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 8:59pm
post #521 of 2524

Hi Tuesday. I dont really know about the prepackaged stuff, he doesnt talk about them in his book at all. There are 3 phases to the diet, so I dont really know what phase the prepackaged stuff would come into play.

Basically for the first two weeks you wont have (I am paraphrasing here from the book) bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, baked goods (no cake thumbsdown.gif ), or even fruit or fruit juices. You can begin to add them back in after the first two weeks, but for the 1st phase they are off limits. No candy, no cookies, ice cream or sugar. No alcohol, especially beer. But in the 2nd phase you can have wine.

But what you can have is normal size portions of meat, chicken, turkey, fish and shellfish. You can have plenty of vegetables, eggs, lowfat cheese, nuts. You can have salad dressing with real olive oil.

You can eat plenty really, you just cant have the carbs. He is saying that carbs breaks down into sugar and the higher the glycemic index for a food, the more fattening it is. A food's glycemic index is the amount that it raises your blood sugar compared to the amount that the same quantity of white bread would increase it. So blah blah yadda yadda...something about insulin and stuff! anyway these same foods that are high on the glycemic index are basically hunger drivers and make you want to eat more. Anyway I found it pretty interesting. Like this...according to him, the worst fruit you could eat from a weightloss stand point.....WATERMELON! Now here I am thinking that would be like the best choice. Hmmm go figure. Potato chips better than pretzles!

Anyway I am trying to give it my best shot and stick with it for awhile to see if it really works. I think it is kind of an updated version of Atkins, less saturated fat, plus you can eat vegetables and fruit and limited carbs in the 2nd phase.

It really hasnt been all that hard for me to stick to so far. I have really reduced my bread intake over the last few years and I like fruit, but I dont exactly CRAVE it, so that really isnt a problem for me. My mom couldnt do the first phase long because she loves bread so much. But I think the point is that after the 2 weeks, you wont crave it as much anymore anyway. You desugar your diet basically.

My mom loaned me the book but it was only 7.99 softcover if you are interested. OR i can just be the guinei pig (sp)

Sure that was a lot more than you wanted to know...! Sorry!

springlakecake Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 9:01pm
post #522 of 2524

one more thing, lots of nice recipes in the book. They dont seem complicated or with a bunch of weird ingredients. Also sample meal plans. If you are going to do the 1st phase you better like eggs for breakfast! icon_lol.gif

2sdae Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 9:59pm
post #523 of 2524

thank you much better deatils than when I googled it. I may try our book store round the corner to puruse the book and see what you think also!!!! icon_lol.gif
Or guenie(sp) pig it rather!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

springlakecake Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 12:50am
post #524 of 2524

No problem tuesday. I will let you know if I lost anymore tomorrow! I know I shouldnt check everyday, but it is sort of exciting to see that I have actually lost weight the last 2 days. I have been struggling since we started our club and had only lost 1 pound! Now I have lost 2.5 in 2 days? I hope it is not just a fluke!

I did well at dinner tonight, my mom made a lot of stuff that was "off limits" but I didnt tell her I was doing the diet. I ate carrots (not supposed to have them the 1st phase) because otherwise I only would have had the meat and peas on my plate...I didnt want it to look like I didnt appreciate the meal! But she also served muffins, fruit salad and potatos! and cookies....yum. Oh well, maybe next time. Now I just have to make it a couple of more hours till bed.

springlakecake Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 12:32pm
post #525 of 2524

I swear this will be the last time I come to toot my horn party.gif but popped on to say that the south beach diet ROCKS! Lost another 1.6 pounds! I am astonished! 4 pounds, 3 days!

2sdae Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 1:43pm
post #526 of 2524

I myself have lost 2 lbs. since thursday! YAY! But seeing your weight dropping like flys I will deff have to look into getting this book!!! icon_biggrin.gif

TerriLea1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLea1993 Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 4:48pm
post #527 of 2524

Hi Merissa and Tuesday, I got on this forum and I have also been struggling with my weight. I am a SAHM and I have tried to lose the weight but give up after ten pounds, well not actually give up, I reward myself and that turns into gaining the ten pounds back. I started exercising so i didn't have to give up on the cake, cookies etc. it seems to work. But anyway I just thought that I would chime in, I enjoy cc and having someone to talk to about losing the weight always helps. I am getting ready to turn 28 and I have two little ones, 4 and 3. Good luck with your dieting.......

springlakecake Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 5:33pm
post #528 of 2524

Congrats Tuesday, that is great news!

TerriLea: Join us if you would like to! We have weigh ins and goals on Thursdays and support anytime. It's fun!

2sdae Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 7:06pm
post #529 of 2524

yes, please do. The more support we have the better for all of us! We get on here and just rant or ask advice, share our stories and struggles and just laugh at ourselves in general. We all have one goal:to hold ourselves accountable for ourselves. We are honest and supportive at all times. We are all fighting a different fight, we are all shapes, sizes ages, working inside the home and out. Just a good bunch of girls reaching out to eachother through our common love of cc. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif
We do weigh ins on thursday if you are comfortable with that, we do no cheat weds to boost us through the work week and we do recovering mons to recover from the weekends of family dinners, staying at home bored eating and all those evil snack attacks! icon_lol.gif So come on in and laugh and lose with us! All are welcome at anytime.

springlakecake Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 8:13pm
post #530 of 2524

Hey Tuesday, I was at the grocery store and the prepackaged south beach diet stuff I picked up said for 2nd and 3rd phases. Of course the 1st phase is only supposed to be 2 weeks. If it keeps working I may be tempted to do it a little longer.

2sdae Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 8:36pm
post #531 of 2524

I am going to walmart later and I am going to look for this book. Also walmart has those dinners also. So when I reach phase 2 I'll try them for dinner and lunch ease for sure. Did you happen to get any or are you waiting till you're in phase 2?

springlakecake Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 9:16pm
post #532 of 2524

I have bought the south beach diet bars (like granola bars) before and they are very good. I have never tried anything else though. The little "meal kit" looks pretty good (over by the lunchables stuff) but I probably wouldnt get them often just because of the cost. Maybe good for days when you are out or something.

TerriLea1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLea1993 Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 10:53pm
post #533 of 2524

Thanks for the warm welcome. Thursdays is great for weigh ins. My big time for cheating is late at night. My kids go to bed and I stay up to have me time and I go to the kitchen and i go thru and put everything in mouth that doesn't move.... I love doing cakes and I have put them off for a little while. it never failed that when I had a cake to do my kids got sick or something happened and I had no one to help me with anything. I ended up being stressed and everyone pays when your stressed... So I have taken a break, for now. But the itch is there. Do you all exercise or just watch what your eating? Again thanks for the invite and the support....

springlakecake Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 11:59pm
post #534 of 2524

TerriLea:
Glad you came back! It is fun to have new members to our group, some come and go a bit, but there is a bunch of us who check this thread a lot!
If you go to the link below it will take you to our last weigh in and goals report (you will have to scroll down a bit to Thursday though) So you can get an idea of what goals we have written for ourselves. It is all individual as far as eating plans and exercise. I think most of us do though try to exercise (you will see from our goals) We are also selecting a cheerleader for the week and that person's goal is to help keep everyone motivated, think of challenges and tips to offer the group. None of this is obviously mandatory, but it is fun! Get into our club as much or as little as you want to. You only have to reveal what you feel comfortable with.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=55486&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=495

2sdae Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 12:23pm
post #535 of 2524

Yay! Another weekend behind us and we are still chuggin on. o.k. I took my measurements and my pics in my swimsuit. icon_redface.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gif Not exactly what I want.....but better than a month ago. So girls there is hope! Now we have a new week to scare the heck out of those fat cells and guzzle down our water and exercise them buns into rock hard buns of steel! So up and out we go to make this the best week we have had yet!
Our progress is awesome and we have made a measurable (sp) dent in the fat cell population and have uped the confidence and strength in us all.

WOOHOO, THIS IS OUR BEST WEEK YET!!!!!!!

springlakecake Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 12:41pm
post #536 of 2524

okay small set back, gained 1 pound since yesterday icon_cry.gif This is why they tell you not to weigh yourself everyday!! But I am still down 3 pounds...I am still feeling really positive and motivated. Maybe I wont weigh myself again until Thursday...yeah right! Ive been to the gym this morning to pump some iron already. I was pretty tired while I was there though lol!

Love the motivation this early Monday morning, Tuesday! It's a new week!

2sdae Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 12:58pm
post #537 of 2524

GO GIRLS GO !!!!!!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 1:14pm
post #538 of 2524

Okay, this is my week...I'm going to get serious about those fat cells this week!! I've finally finished the course of steriods (for now) so maybe I can stop eating everything in sight!! The weekend wasn't so bad, although I did have a piece of my mom's birthday cake. BUT we're having a surprise party for my dad's birthday in 2 weeks, and DH told me to buy a new outfit for it...I want to buy a smaller size!!
RUN FAT CELLS RUN!

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 2:02pm
post #539 of 2524

Looks like I'm the only one who had a terrible weekend! My mom gave me some chorizo (spicy sausage) that I made with potatoes & tortillas on Friday night. Saturday I tried the NFSC recipe for the first time & made some with MMF and some with Toba Garretts Glace. Boy, those were good. That recipe makes so much dough that my KA was exploding & we have a lot of cookies still sitting around. I did better yesterday but still ate a few cookies and one practice M&M brownie (also very good and chocolatey).

I haven't weighed myself since Thursday and I don't want to icon_redface.gif I'm aiming for no cheat Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so I can get back on track before the next weigh-in.

Congrats girls who had better weekends than I did thumbs_up.gif

-Lisa

shelbur10 Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 2:21pm
post #540 of 2524

Don't lose heart, Lisa! You will get back on track this week. My only saving grace this weekend was that none of the baking I did stayed in the house icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%